bookings

bookings

Hi ,so today 14/03 i had a visitor check out at 11am then at 130pm i had an enquiry for a booking for today for two nights and check in being 3pm.I also work part time so need more time for turnaround.Is there any way round this so no bookings can made for same  day  as of arrival .

thank you

Hayley

8 Replies 8
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Hayley215  I have one day automatically blocked out between reservations to avoid this.  You will need to change it in your settings.  

Thank you for your message

Hayley

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Hayley215  You need to set Advance Notice to 1 or 2 days. Then no one can book for dates that are less than that far in the future. 

But an Inquiry message isn't the same as a booking request. So inquirers can ask if they can check in the same day, they just can't enter dates that don't correspond to your settings.

An inquiry only requires that you respond to the guest's message with 24 hours. You don't need to either pre-approve nor decline.

@Kate867  Setting one day prep time will not prevent same-day bookings. It blocks a day before and after reservations. If there are no other reservations, the same day will show as available. 

Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Sarah977 Blocking that day has always worked for us… guest checks out on the Sunday morning, and nobody can book the Sunday night … has to be the Monday night at the earliest.

@Kate867  No one can book the Sunday night because the reservation which checks out on Sunday morning will show a Sunday night block with your 1 day prep time setting.

What I am saying is that if you had, say, no bookings all month, all dates would show as available, so a guest could book a same night.

There is some overlap between what the prep time setting and advance notice setting accomplish, but if a host wants a day or two notice in advance before a guest checks in, it's best to use the advance notice setting- that is what it is for.

Hi thank you for your  message ,I will check my settings .

Hayley

Yvonne735
Level 4
Kinlochleven, United Kingdom

If you cannot do a same day turn around, then block the checkout date . Example. Someone due to checkout on Wednesday, but you cant take a new booking for Wednesday. Block the Wednesday. 

I also work part time, so on my listing. I make folks aware I work, so if they see a day blocked and would like that day, message me and I will see if I can consider freeing that date on Airbnb. ( Just incase they think that the date is open on another forum, such as direct booking). It works for me, I have secured a booking this way by unblocking dates just for that person to be able to extend their stay. 

Failing that, have you a co-host that can do a same day turnaround for you while you are at work in exchange for a small payment?. 

kind regards

von

@Yvonne735  There is zero need to manually block check-out day. That is what the prep time setting is for- it will be blocked automatically.