change of cancellation policies by Airbnb

change of cancellation policies by Airbnb

Good morning, On 14 March 2023, an Airbnb employee helped me change the location coordinates of the flat, the position was corrected by a few hundred metres.

On the same day the Airbnb employee changed my cancellation policies from strict 60 to flexible without my request or consent. I realised this change a month later, in this month I received many flexible cancellation bookings and now I don't know how to handle the situation. I am sure that this change was made by an Airbnb employee as the action appears in the activity section with the name of the person who made it. I tried contacting support but got no useful feedback

Thank you Luca

7 Replies 7
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

If not mistaken Super Strict 60 is by invitation only and I am under the impression Airbnb would like to phase out of it. Some hosts are 'grand-fathered' in with this policy (like me since 2014). It may have been a mistake in your case and they corrected it without warning you.

Thank you for your reply! yes I too believe it was an error on the platform. The problem is that I now have bookings with flexible cancellation which are impossible for me to handle. I tried to contact the support team but they couldn't find a solution for me

Oooh, it changed the cancellation policy for existing reservations. No good.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Luca2179 ,

Just wanted to let you know that I have raised it with the team as well. Hoping, someone from the team will reach out to you soon.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

thank you

Stephen1004
Level 7
Los Angeles, CA

Same thing.  Airbnb changed my cancellation policy, leading to a $2000 loss.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Luca2179 I wonder if Airbnb felt they had to change the policy for existing bookings as the location of the flat had moved.