double booking

Evrim0
Level 2
İstanbul, Turkey

double booking

Hello Everyone,

This has been happening with Airbnb very often.  This is my serious critise to Airbnb. How can I receive a double booking  for unavailable dates when the google calendar is totally turned off.  At the end we are paying penalty for that ? And we are loosing score for super host. How can we avoid that ?

I am really starting to think if Airbnb making money from the double bookings ?  Please I am really fed up of paying the cost of these mistakes which is not belong to me. 

Best Regards,

evrim

7 Replies 7

Perhaps you need to look at the Airbnb calendar. Go to the dashboard and on the left, under your photo, there is a box. Click on View/Manage Listings, then click on your listing. When that opens, there is a small box on the upper right that says View calendar.

Each time Airbnb confirms a booking for you, check to see if those dates are blocked. They are blocked in blue with the first name of your guest. Another guest cannot book those same days.

If you are accepting bookings from another company, you cannot list the blocked dates unless you are properly linked. So you may need to block those booked dates yourself. Always check to make sure you have identified a starting date and ending date, and then click  "blocked" on the top far right of your screen, then "save".

I am using google calendar . syncing problem is between google and Airbnb.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

have you linked the calendars 'both ways'?

yes, sure .. I am good at IT

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

You are right, @Evrim0 , that there is a syncing problem with the Google calendar even when everything is set correctly. At the very least, updates are delayed by up to 12 hours. I just checked to see whether this is still the case, and, yes, an instant booking that came in here three hours ago is not showing up yet on my Google calendar. I have tried everything including asking for help. Airbnb says Google is the problem and Google says Airbnb is the problem.

So you have to be on top of it by going into your Airbnb calendar yourself. 

It is time consuming, but better by far than double bookings. 

you know, just because of that late syncing problem, I am immediately syncing my flats airbnb calendars at the same time when I turn off google calendar. So there is no doubt for taking any double booking. Thats why I am so crazy and don't understand why still getting double booking. I have only two flats and don't want to hire channel manager. Even channel manager can not be faster than me. 

Evrim0
Level 2
İstanbul, Turkey

Just to note that : I have received second double booking reservation after  one week on 19th feb.