how do I avoid translations

Answered!
Jens310
Level 1
Aarhus, Denmark

how do I avoid translations

It annoys me that everything is translated into Danish. How can I avoid that in my settings? It seems to me that you are overeager to hit the lowest common denominator by translating everything without any option to leave it to the reader – your customer. I read all 5 Scandinavian languages, English, German, French and Spanish. If I ever go to Airbnb in f.ex. Serbia, I will take the option of translating that language.

1 Best Answer
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Jens310 

Click on the globe feature next to your profile picture and uncheck the automatic translation that is turned on to Danish automatically by the system and then you should see the listings in the language that the host used.

Bravo for speaking so many languages by the way😉

Joëlle

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jens310 I think you click the globe icon top right of the screen but that will have to be done for whatever country you are thinking of travelling to to stop the translation (I think).

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Jens310 

Click on the globe feature next to your profile picture and uncheck the automatic translation that is turned on to Danish automatically by the system and then you should see the listings in the language that the host used.

Bravo for speaking so many languages by the way😉

Joëlle