how far out can a guest book?

Answered!

how far out can a guest book?

How far out can guests book on my calendar?  

Can I limit it no more than 1 year maximum?

1 Best Answer
Luis-and-Tati0
Level 10
New York, NY

If you leave unchanged they can book up to 3 years in advance... The farterst I got was a reservation 14 months in advanced, but 8-10 months are non un common for me...

Go to your calendar and on the top right corner click on "Avaliability Settings".

There you will find "How far ahead can guests book?" 

Than you can change the settings you want.

Take a look on the picture...

If you like the answer please gime a thumbs up! 🙂

far.png

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Luis-and-Tati0
Level 10
New York, NY

If you leave unchanged they can book up to 3 years in advance... The farterst I got was a reservation 14 months in advanced, but 8-10 months are non un common for me...

Go to your calendar and on the top right corner click on "Avaliability Settings".

There you will find "How far ahead can guests book?" 

Than you can change the settings you want.

Take a look on the picture...

If you like the answer please gime a thumbs up! 🙂

far.png

I got reservations with instant book for May 2018. I am not sure I want people to be able to book so far ahead, so I stopped instant book (for other reasons too) but IF I now want to change the lead time for a reservation to 3 or 6 months, will the ones made for 2018 be affected? Can't find this answer anywhere.

Hi @Sadie-And-Bill0,

The instant booking helps a lot to bring more guests and the visibility on the search results, I would not turn off because of the lead time guests book... 

If you change the time guests can book ahead it won't alter the reservations already in place, it will only block the available days. If you need you can always manually make the dates available if you need even without changing the settings.

Luis

Hi,

My  calendar does not look like yours.  I dont have thses options. How do bring up mine like yours?

Thanks- Suze

I looked at your listing in Kissimmee and the furthest out I can book is February 28,2023 so is this really the correct setting?  All Airbnb’s that I’ve checked (about 15 random ones) only allow booking through that date. I’m just a guest, not a host and our host says her calendar shows bookings available through 2025 but I can’t book past that same date(2-28-23). So bizarre!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Judy747 

Are you booking directly on the Airbnb platform or using third party (Calander syncing  limites to 1 year ahead) ?

Tom283
Level 1
Galway, Ireland

Hi

I am trying to book accomodation in Munich for Oktoberfest next year and none of the options i am looking at allow me to book any later than May next year and also wont allow me to contact the accomodation to see if it is suitabel and at least possible. Is there any way around this or do i have to wait until the dates are freed up on the site

Hi @Tom283

The listing may not be available by the owner settings (if not by default by Airbnb in Germany), in the US the owner can choose between 3, 6, 9 and 12 months and all future dates...

To send a message to the host you can select any available dates (not necessarily the ones you need) and send the message asking if they're willing to open the calendar for you.

Luis