languages

Answered!
Kathryn627
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

languages

Hi Everyone

We note that we speak three languages on our listing, but when I filter places in our area by those languages, we don't come up for any of them - any idea why? might it be because although we have those languages listed, we don't have any descriptions etc in them?

thanks for any insight you can offer!

1 Best Answer

@Kathryn627 The screen shot of the languages section that you've sent is not the part that tells the guests which languages you speak.  

This part is if you want to translate your listing yourself in various languages rather than rely on Google to translate your listing!  

So I only speak English and French so the texts you may read on my listing are 100% me in both of these languages.  Anything else I will happily let Google do the work😉

So for you to appear as speaking all of the languages I can see in your screen shot you can do this yourself by following these steps:

In host mode, click on the photo of yourself in the right hand corner.

==>Press edit

==>Add "languages spoken"

And hey presto your listing will appear with all of these languages in the profile part of your listing visible to any future guests and handy when guests make a search according to host language!

Hopefully we've fixed the problem but if not reach out again!

All the best

Joëlle

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Kathryn627 

You have two listings for the same property is that right?  One has some reviews and not the other but having gone onto both I can confirm that the fact that you are trilingual does not appear on these listings.  This will explain why you don't show in the search by language I imagine:

Capture d’écran 2023-03-26 à 09.54.16.png

Languages spoken by the host is normally noted just above our "Response rate" so I would go back and check this on your listing and ensure that you have pressed save and then see if they appear.

I hope you fix the problem

All the best

Joëlle

that's right - they're the same one but we can do them as for 4 people or for 6.

thank you so much for looking in to this, I will double triple check now.

best

Kate 

hello again. yes, they're definitely there on the text. any other ideas?!

Hi @Kathryn627 

Other than contacting Customer Support, I'm afraid I don't have another idea sorry but just to be sure, languages spoken is not added via your listing but by clicking on your photo profile and by pressing "edit" to add the languages you speak.

Happy Sunday

Joëlle

Oh that's interesting to hear - why on earth do they ask on the listing then (see pic below)  if they have to be added on my profile! I'll contact customer support. thanks so much, I really appreciate your help, have a lovely weekend

Kathryn627_0-1679838725542.png

@Kathryn627 The screen shot of the languages section that you've sent is not the part that tells the guests which languages you speak.  

This part is if you want to translate your listing yourself in various languages rather than rely on Google to translate your listing!  

So I only speak English and French so the texts you may read on my listing are 100% me in both of these languages.  Anything else I will happily let Google do the work😉

So for you to appear as speaking all of the languages I can see in your screen shot you can do this yourself by following these steps:

In host mode, click on the photo of yourself in the right hand corner.

==>Press edit

==>Add "languages spoken"

And hey presto your listing will appear with all of these languages in the profile part of your listing visible to any future guests and handy when guests make a search according to host language!

Hopefully we've fixed the problem but if not reach out again!

All the best

Joëlle