laundry fee

Answered!

laundry fee

How much should I charge the guest for a load of laundry (wash and dry)?

1 Best Answer
Suzanne972
Level 5
Alpharetta, GA

@David1421 I think it would depend on how large the load of laundry is. And if it’s as simple as using a washer and dryer on site, I would say $11-$13 a load.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Suzanne972
Level 5
Alpharetta, GA

@David1421 I think it would depend on how large the load of laundry is. And if it’s as simple as using a washer and dryer on site, I would say $11-$13 a load.

Hello Suzanne972,

Thanks a lot. Your answer is very appreciated. This guest is an undergraduate student from Puerto Rico. He is having his first experience as Airbnb guest here with me. In my house rule, I posted $8 for a load. That was before COVIG's shutdown. When I resumed hosting in Mai 2023, I forgot to update the fee to $10. Utilities bill have dramatically increased, such that I would prefer that guest do their laundry outside the house. When he did his first laundry, I told him that it is optional, and that I am increasing the fee to $10. However, I also told him that I was accepting the old fee from him. He did two loads, and he gave me $20. As kind as I am with him,  I told him that I was letting him keep the first laundry fee, and that he will pay next times. A few day ago, he did a two loads laundry again. He came to me, and said he was going to pay $8 instead of $10. I said to him: "no problem, even if I update the fee while you are still here, I would still charge you $8". He gave me $16, but he had the gut to add: "why would you charge me for laundry anyway; I already paid Airbnb; it is mean to charge me for laundry." That is what a young boy, to whom I returned the $20 to before, is telling me. His ungratefulness is baffling. Can you imagine that I went out of my way to buy his first week's grocery for him. I offered to do it for him. He sent me a long list of everything he uses, including, bottled water, peanut butter, butter, cereals, cookies, juice, processed meat, milk, etc... I went to Costco and to Target for him, such that he did not have to. He had not refunded me for that yet. The third week, when I was going to Costco, I offered him the same service again. He made a list of items, and I bought them for him! 

Just to warn any host out there, be very careful with ** guests that are having their first Airbnb experience. Before they book and before they check in, remind them , several times, of the reading of the house rules.

When he leaves, I will write a detailed review. I am very impatient that his check-out day arrives.

Thank you.

**[Content removed inline with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that our Nondiscrimination Policy doesn’t allow for discrimination based on age,  race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, disability, gender or sex.