my new listing

Tressa-Maria0
Level 1
Sustinente, Italy

my new listing

I'm brand new to this, however my mother ran guest accommodation for years when I was a child in the north of Ireland, so I do have some memories.  I used to be an estate agent in Ireland, and managed all of the rentals, but running a BNB is new to me.  I am looking for as much feedback as possible.... i know its niche, being Irish and advertising the irishness of my properties, but i wanted to offer something different!

View on AirbnbTownhouse in Sustinente · ★New · 3 bedrooms · 6 beds · 2 bathrooms

3 Replies 3
Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Buongiorno @Tressa-Maria0  and welcome to Airbnb!

Really nice house 😍

Just some tips about the photos: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/GUIDE-How-to-best-photograph-your-home-with-you...

Hope it helps ... in bocca al lupo!

Andrea

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Tressa-Maria0I hope you don't mind but I edited your post to add a direct link to your listing. This way fellow hosts can view it easily and provide some feedback 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Tressa-Maria0  First: I'm sorry, but you need much better pictures. The ones you are using now don't do any justice to your property at all. In other words, I'm sure it's much nicer than it looks in the pictures. They are way too dark as well. Investing in a professional photographer would be well worth it. 

Second: use the captions feature with the pics to tell guests what they are looking at. Otherwise, it's just a hodge-podge of pics of rooms in some stranger's house. 

Third: I'm very confused about the narrative for the property, in that you seem to be advertising two properties at the same time? You say they will hold eight guests comfortably, but you have a guest capacity of six shown in the listing. If you have two separate properties, you'll need two separate listings. You can actually do three listings if you have two properties, and then want a third option where guests can rent both properties, but you'll need to link the booking calendars. 

Fourth: this is a personal pet peeve of mine: What adult wants to sleep in a bedroom with a bunch of other people? I'm referring to the bedroom where you've said there are 4 single beds (although it looks like two singles and a queen or king.) That set-up is completely unappealing to me, and I would not book. I think what you need to do is figure out who you are marketing to, and adjust your bed capacity accordingly. Are you expecting families with children, or couples traveling together, or a small family, in which case a king bedroom and another with two twins would suffice? 

Fifth: the kitchen- that table is vintage and very cute, but it only seats 4. Where would the other 4 guests eat? Also, it is not large enough for that size kitchen. It looks like someone plunked a camping table in there. If you're going to host eight, you have to have the capacity to seat eight. 

So overall, better lighting, better pics, and some small adjustments of furniture, etc. It looks like a lovely property (properties?), and your presentation isn't doing it justice. 

Last, your check-in window is fairly short. You may want to offer more flexibility, especially if you plan to be hosting international travelers. 

Good luck with your hosting journey. Kia