my place is not on the map or unable to be booked on any dates

my place is not on the map or unable to be booked on any dates

My place is sometimes not found on the map at all or like this time..... my guests can not book.  I understand the last minute New Years Eve thing but this is my ex daughter in law and I should be able to override it. ( yes she pays, i drop the price but business is business and we all agree to this) but Ive had two people tell me they tried to book it after the holidays with a two week or longer wait period and it will not let them book.

3 Replies 3
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Welcome to the Community Center @Anissa86!🌻

I hope our super experienced members  @Huma0 @Sudsrung0 @Mike-And-Jane0, might be able to give you some insights regarding this.

We're happy to announce the Month of Celebration!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Anissa86 

If your daughter in law is getting blocked from booking due to the party ban policy, I don't think there is a way to override that, but I could be wrong.

Out of interest, why are you even taking this booking on Airbnb? Airbnb is a listing site. You and the guest largely pay them for helping you find each other, which is not the case here, and the guest pays quite hefty fees on top (as well as some from the host). So, why not just block the dates and handle the payment yourself? The only possible motivation I can see for doing it via Airbnb is to gain good reviews, but that's actually against the Airbnb review policy... i.e. offering a discounted price to someone you know in exchange for a good review could be seen as suspect.

As for the other blocked bookings, I am not sure what is going on there. You would have to give more detail on the nature of the bookings, e.g. are the guests local? Trying to book an entire listing? Under 25?

The only reason is I’m going through a divorce and I don’t want him to put me through any “she’s taking money under the table” type stuff.