scheduled message, probably a feature request

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

scheduled message, probably a feature request

I use scheduled messages and quick replies a lot, so i'm familiar with how it works. 

Here's what I want to do:

2 of our listings have kitchenettes, so I'd like to send a message to guests that if they'd like fresh crockery, glassware, rubbish removal, etc  on Day 3 of their stay. We don't often have guests staying 3 days in these listings but it would be nice to schedule a message with the following parameters:

IF guest stay is 3 days +
THEN send message on day 3

currently, if I set up a message to send on Day 3 after check-in I'm pretty sure it would send a message to all guests, ie, those who have left after 1 or 2 nights. 

Just to confirm my suspicions that this isn't possible? and I have to manually send this message? This is what i'm currently doing but it's easy to forget to do it.  

and just to quietly say: I'd prefer that we invested energy into adding improvements such as giving us more options for scheduled messages (or ALL hosting tools), than making pretty new categories for the forums. 

5 Replies 5

Yes.  One of the flaws in the scheduled messaging program is you don't have the option of a "standard" scheduled message that would go to every guest, or the option to send individual scheduled messages to specific guests like you outlined.

And yeah, don't criticize too loudly... we've seen what happens when one does that.

@Bubba-Lee0  mmmm, I do wish resources were directed towards these types of features, instead of making cosmetic changes to the forums....

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Gillian166 

Seeing as you don't often have stays of over three days, it shouldn't be too laborious to do. You just need to set a reminder for yourself on some other format, e.g. your phone or computer calendar.

However, you are right, it would be nice to be able to select which scheduled messages you send to which guests. 

Right now, I do everything manually and don't use scheduled messages at all because they don't really fulfil my needs. For example, the check in instructions/directions I give to guests will vary depending on whether they are arriving by taxi or public transport. Would be nice to be able to have different ones for different guests and send accordingly.

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Huma0  the quick replies are handy in this case. I have a few messages set up with restaurant reccos, and i've split them into Breakfast, lunch and dinner requests. Plus, some places here only open thurs-Sun so I have a different message for those days. 
and another for wineries that do amazing lunches. 

etc etc!  and you can still use [codes] to personalise it. 

and you are right, for now i just put a note on my calendar to send the message, but i'm human and very prone to errors! 

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

I kind of want you to try it just to find out. 
IMO a guest who checks out on Day 2, never has a day 3 but who knows what really happens in abb programming