AIRBNB IS FORCING YOU TO A BLACK LIVES MATTER DONATION PAGE, WITH ANY ONLINE INQUIRY- WITH NO WAY TO X IT OUT- CHECK IT OUT- FORCED DONATION

Answered!
Dori36
Level 5
Yorba Linda, CA

AIRBNB IS FORCING YOU TO A BLACK LIVES MATTER DONATION PAGE, WITH ANY ONLINE INQUIRY- WITH NO WAY TO X IT OUT- CHECK IT OUT- FORCED DONATION

CHECK IT OUT- AND TELL AIRBNB YOUR FEELINGS ON THIS LOSS OF REVENUE

1 Best Answer
Dori36
Level 5
Yorba Linda, CA

It must have "statistically" and  "factually", affected airbnb's business, because they backed down and stopped trapping people in the donation page.  I would like to see a chart of that time period, and the number of inquiries that made it through vs other times.  

View Best Answer in original post

95 Replies 95
Dori36
Level 5
Yorba Linda, CA

Well, it appears that speaking up may pay off, I just checked, and you are now (according to what I see), not being forced to a BLM donation page. Wow, what a lot of vitriol towards me for just giving owners a "heads up"!  thanks!

Dori36
Level 5
Yorba Linda, CA

I will never again try to give people here a "head's up", or help them see things that may affect their business in any way- when I think the website is prohibiting some people from booking- of which they did--I get called awful names, and told that it doesn't matter,  and that I am misguided-etc. SO Nice!  - NEVER AGAIN!!

@Dori36 wrote:

I will never again try to give people here a "head's up", or help them see things that may affect their business in any way- when I think the website is prohibiting some people from booking- of which they did--I get called awful names, and told that it doesn't matter,  and that I am misguided-etc. SO Nice!  - NEVER AGAIN!!

I never attempted to find the examples of the donations cul-de-sac both you and your other users witnessed, but because I didn't, doesn't mean that they didn't exist. Any hiccup like that for any user would sure have them scurrying off to another platform, because theirs would work and Airbnb's wouldn't. That would lose valuable bookings which hosts can ill afford.

Try as I might, Safari browser on a Mac doesn't load the main Airbnb website and accessing the dashboard that way is impossible. For a long time, only a mobile browser was able to be used (by us), without having to resort to unfamiliar browsers and/or different computers. This is a long term 'glitch' never to have been addressed, although your short term one was.

Your warnings and 'heads-up' are all warrantied, and your 6 and 15 second rules are well known industry values. The link you provided was an interesting read.

I feel that if the cul-de-sac was "Macy's Christmas Hamper" sweepstake then your warning may have been taken a little differently.

Thanks for the 'heads up', and do continue subscribing.

@Dori36 

thank you for your logical support- it is appreciated!!

it can pay to speak up- I have helped "right" a few "wrongs" by doing that- not good to hide your head in the sand- 

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Dori36 You ARE welcome here in the CC! - It's always nice to hear some new voices. Things are not usually this grumpy.... Chin up! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Dori36
Level 5
Yorba Linda, CA

It's the last thing in the world most owners need right now- after months of no money, to have their inquiries choked off- but what do I know?? I have been in the biz for 28 years- this group- not worth my efforts at all. The owners that were getting all of their inquiries sent to another area on the other website that I informed, were, at least, appreciative of the efforts I made to help their businesses out. Not here- I am a racist, I am not too bright, (inferred), I am misguided, I am lots of bad things. I have taken graduate statistics classes, and if I know of a few people personally that gave up on the site, there were thousands that did. Whatever... 

Dori36
Level 5
Yorba Linda, CA

It must have "statistically" and  "factually", affected airbnb's business, because they backed down and stopped trapping people in the donation page.  I would like to see a chart of that time period, and the number of inquiries that made it through vs other times.  

Interesting @Dori36 , maybe they heard your voice here.  At the very least, your thread inspired a number of pertinent conversations to happen even if nothing was technically solved.  As I said at the beginning of this chat, I need Airbnb to be all in for my business right now, no distractions.  Once they get the mother-ship firing on all 12 cylinders instead of the 6 or 7 currently,  they can think about something else a little more challenging like changing society around the globe.  It would be nice if they got my calendar filled back up again like it should be, stay well Dori, JR  

thank you for your support! it is appreciated!!

Robbie54
Level 10
North Runcton, United Kingdom

We have still yet to see any proof of this "donation page", which would have helped. Maybe it was a US thing, as I've never heard or come across it in the UK. Sounds like mountains from mole hills to me. 

very likely a US thing

Dori36
Level 5
Yorba Linda, CA

many people consider losing rental requests at this difficult time a "mountain"

Robbie54
Level 10
North Runcton, United Kingdom

That's not the point I'm making. And what's with all of the 1 sentence/paragraph posts? 

answering people's criticisms, that's all- what is your point??