AIRBNB IS FORCING YOU TO A BLACK LIVES MATTER DONATION PAGE, WITH ANY ONLINE INQUIRY- WITH NO WAY TO X IT OUT- CHECK IT OUT- FORCED DONATION

Answered!
Dori36
Level 5
Yorba Linda, CA

AIRBNB IS FORCING YOU TO A BLACK LIVES MATTER DONATION PAGE, WITH ANY ONLINE INQUIRY- WITH NO WAY TO X IT OUT- CHECK IT OUT- FORCED DONATION

CHECK IT OUT- AND TELL AIRBNB YOUR FEELINGS ON THIS LOSS OF REVENUE

1 Best Answer
Dori36
Level 5
Yorba Linda, CA

It must have "statistically" and  "factually", affected airbnb's business, because they backed down and stopped trapping people in the donation page.  I would like to see a chart of that time period, and the number of inquiries that made it through vs other times.  

View Best Answer in original post

95 Replies 95

How am I getting my name pulled in to this, I didn’t even know this community thing existed until I got an email saying I was tagged? @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 

@Christopher955sorry you got pulled into this.  

**[Inappropriate content removed - Community Center Guidelines]

Oh dear! What an unfortunate time for a typo.... Poor Christopher 955 was never addressed by @Ann489 , so it's all a misquote.... it was Christopher 995 that Ann once tagged... - Whoops!

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 

@Dori36 

You never screwed up, you're probably just unfamiliar with the way the forum works and whatever device you have.

It can be difficult toknow who a reply is towards on this forum, but if you type the "@" key a list of members will appear who you can address. If they don't initially appear, then typing more of their name will eventually show it and it can be selected. That member will then be notified and everybody will know to whom your reply is directed.

Robbie54
Level 10
North Runcton, United Kingdom

Robbie54
Level 10

Robbie54
Level 10

Robbie54
Level 10

Robbie54
Level 10

Robbie54
Level 10

@Dori36  Responding to a post with many one sentence posts is rather odd and can be confusing for the reader. Not illegal, just odd

My point is your original (vague) claim is that Airbnb are "forcing" guests to make a BLM donation before making a booking with no proof whatsoever, we have to take your word that (impatient, lazy) guests have told you this. Then we are told that the page in question has the appearance of a "forced donation", so guests were not being forced after all. THEN we are told that guests are now NOT being forced (there's that word again) to a BLM donation page, they can now book a stay without getting confused and muddled about a BLM donation (that they never had to make anyway). 

So forgive me, but I believe that you're making a mountain out of a molehill regarding the donation page.

However your constant anger is focused on your claim that guests didn't make a booking because they couldn't get out of making a donation, so they left.  Yet other hosts have stated they've had no problems getting bookings, and no complaints.

You're making one hell of a claim with no proof to back it up, and no one else has flagged this up, to my knowledge.

I guess I'll now be receiving one of your now legendary angry posts...

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

Robbie54
Level 10