AIRBNB Suspension - ongoing investigation

Sophie1790
Level 1
Derby, United Kingdom

AIRBNB Suspension - ongoing investigation

I am not the first and I most definitely will not be the last to write a post about this however I'd like some reassurance/advice.

We have our property listed on Airbnb and have had 5* reviews from all guests, unfortunately a group of people sadly lied to us and stated that their booking was a family gathering when in actual fact it was a stag do. Unfortunately our property that we have put so much time and effort into ended up being completely trashed, it was absolutely heartbreaking to the point where I suffered ongoing anxiety and distress from the situation. There were quite a few damages/extra cleaning charges which I reported to Airbnb and we had a manager that was investigating the case.

I chased them up last week for an update on what is happening and got a response on Sunday night saying that they are nearing the end of the investigation now and it shouldn't be too long, however the next morning our account has been suspended. I cannot accept new bookings or contact guests however it seems that future bookings are still going ahead - we have had a guest arrive today.

I also haven't received any communication as to why the account has been suspended so I can only assume that it's due to this case?

I have contacted Airbnb and the manager looking into the case however I haven't received a response and it's so distressing.

Please can someone offer some advice? I just want to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

thank you,

Sophie 

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sophie1790 

Airbnb useally suspends listings when there is something wrong, llike complaining guests, safety issues etc..

But your account is supended, which could indicate there are violations detected.

Or somebody at Airbnb made an error (sadly it happens..)

There is not much more to do then just wait... it is reportied in the community that re-instates were done after 1 week.