Account was hacked in May with my account frozen until now. My account still shows income of $5000 that went to an added account that doesn't belong to me. Any advice to help me?

Carol7419
Level 1
Simms, MT

Account was hacked in May with my account frozen until now. My account still shows income of $5000 that went to an added account that doesn't belong to me. Any advice to help me?

Account was hacked in May with my account frozen until now. My account still shows income of $5000 that went to an added account that doesn't belong to me.  Airbnb canceled the made up reservation and did a resolution payment 10 times a week later in May.  Any advice to help me get this income removed from my account so I don't get taxed on it? ? Since I have been through the trust team with no help.  I feel like this is an internal threat with Airbnb but can not find any address to send my complaint or talk to a representative in the United States.   I have filed with Better Business Bureau along with an identity theft report with the local police enforcement.  Beyond frustrated!!

3 Replies 3
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

This seems like something that should be easily resolved. Maybe one of the Admins (@Sybe , @Quincy , @Stephanie) here can advise whether there is a billing department or similar that you can contact.

I have been in contact with Airbnb since May.  My account did get unfrozen this month to get my earnings from May.  I have not hosted since then since I was not receiving any income since May so have cancelled summer bookings.  My last response from the trust team was to seek legal advice.   

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the tag @Pat271 - @Carol7419 so sorry hear about this ordeal! Have you contacted CS yet? We can take a look at your ticket on this.

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines