Airbnb Message to guest trying to book

Ryan-And-Vanessa0
Level 1
New Smyrna Beach, FL

Airbnb Message to guest trying to book

I just had a guest try to book our airbnb and he received this message ...

"Choose another place to stay
Airbnb prevents reservations for entire homes when a pattern of factors (like location or reservation time) suggests the booking may be unsafe.
This restriction is not related to the coronavirus. For resources on coronavirus, see airbnb.com/covid.
Please try a private room or hotel room instead."

has anyone encountered this problem? I have been an airbnb host for 4years now and not once have I ran into this issue. Ive called airbnb and they are NO Help.

thank you!!

7 Replies 7
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Ryan-And-Vanessa0 

It's either Airbnb's new anti-party algorithm kicking in thinking it's a higher risk booking ( or they are drumming up business for HotelTonight )

Keaton9
Level 1
Sparks, NV

For the safety of everyone, Airbnb is not allowing entire home reservation because we are preventing large group accomodations.

This was their response when I contacted customer service.

This is an error, I was able to help my guest to book this way https://airbnbase.com/choose-another-place-to-stay/

So how can guest book if there is an error? Seems that there are a lot of people going thru this issue and it’s going to lead to host having to look to other platforms.

Nathan42
Level 2
Detroit, MI

FYI Guesty told me, "Airbnb has been banning young guests (under 25) from booking entire places in certain cities in the US and Canada. This is NOT related to Coronavirus but to the recent shooting that happened in an Airbnb in Toronto. Unfortunately,  we can not send them a special offer and can't bypass this block."

I'm 26 and just tried to book a cottage in Muskoka for 6 people and got this error message 

David7065
Level 2
New York, NY

I just called AirBNB customer support and they said "This message has something to do with the guest's profile and nothing to do with your apartment. You'll need to have your guest reach out to us."

My guest reached out to AirBNB and customer support apparently told them to ask me to change the listing to a "private room" instead of an "entire apartment" to allow the booking to go through.  The whole thing just seems sketchy.