Airbnb allowing fraud to happen

Rich3444
Level 1
KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa

Airbnb allowing fraud to happen

HI,

i am a Superhost and recently a guest called me at 4:30 to cancel his booking.  He was very unreasonable and thought I was being dishonest when I said I couldn't cancel on my side due to penalties from Airbnb.  I resolved the matter for him and gave him a full refund - even though he cancelled too late for me to get another booking.

The guest must have been malicious because airbnb allowed him to review and he gave me a 4 star rating, siting, amongst other things, cleanliness as a 3.  I only have about three 4 star ratings out of more than a hundred and have never been marked down for cleanliness, so obviously this is a major issue for me and my business

I have explained to Airbnb that the guest never visited the flat and that I could prove it in several ways, including testimonies from the 2 people who open the flat for guests.  Yet they say they have not been able to contact the guest and subsequently have left the review up.

So basically the guest has given airbnb a fraudulent number and has given me a fraudulent review and yet Airbnb will not do anything about it.

What is your advice for me?

1 Reply 1
Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Rich3444 I’m confused. How did YOU resolve the matter? I hope you didn’t cancel? Did AirBnB give the refund? What time was check-in? Was all discussions done via Airbnb’s platform? I sure hope so.