Airbnb canceled the reservation.

Ali12701
Level 2
İzmit, Turkey

Airbnb canceled the reservation.

Hi, a customer who prefers my house wanted to make a reservation. Airbnb got in the way and threw that message out. What do you think that means? and has this ever happened to you before?

Hello, Ali and Karina,
We keep a close eye on all reservations and user interactions on Airbnb. We noticed that the reservation with the code (...) did not comply with the rules. As a result, we cancelled the reservation and refunded the money. If you think this was done by mistake, please let us know. We hope that you will understand that we are doing this to protect the integrity of our Sunday Place.
Best regards,
Airbnb Team
Ali **
4 Replies 4
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ali12701 

Ali, Airbnb are making an attempt to clamp down on potential party bookings and they have introduced certain trigger points which will preclude a reservation from proceeding! Those trigger points are....

1/.....The person wishing to book is under 25 years of age.

2/....The person wishing to book resides within what would be declared a  local environment. In other words they are locals!

3/.....The person is wishing to book for a one night booking only.

4/.....The property the person is wishing to book is an entire house listing as opposed to a shared environment! 

5/.....The reservation coincides with a specific event, ie: New Years Eve, a long weekend, a Superbowl match.

One of those scenarios in isolation will not affect a booking but, a combination of those trigger points will automatically reject a reservation application.

I have had this happen to me for a one night reservation for 30th December 2020 and CX informed me the combination of three of the above trigger points meant the request was automatically rejected and support had no ability to override the program.

My solution was to direct the guest to another booking platform and the stay proceeded as they wanted.

Cheers.........Rob

@Robin4 

Hey Rob, Thankyou very much for this helpful reply. Airbnb said it had a guest problem. But he didn't explain the problem and I can't text the guest because Airbnb blocked her.

Good day. Thank you.

Ali **

@Ali12701  Airbnb will never share with hosts the specific reason they block a guest from booking. 

It could be for the reason Robin explained, it could be because the payment information the guest submitted was found to be invalid, or that the guest was reported to Airbnb by other hosts for bad behavior- you never know exactly.

But Airbnb is interested in having as many guests book as possible, so if they block a guest, it's likely for a good reason.

@Sarah977  thank you so much.

Ali **