Airbnb cancels a reservation and evicts guest and let’s him review

Keawe0
Level 2
Honolulu, HI

Airbnb cancels a reservation and evicts guest and let’s him review

Airbnb - I hope you read this, but I won’t hold my breath. In case you do, you absolutely suck. 

we had a guest lie and break every every rule we have - including holding a 60 person rager in a quiet residential neighborhood until after 2am and having multiple neighbors, and us, call the police several times until finally, Airbnb cancelled the reservation so that police could evict the guest (they couldn’t prior to that), and then Airbnb sent him an “automated invite” to review our place. Our you kidding me, Airbnb?

We have only 5 star reviews. He leaves a 3.

ive talked to to reps, both have ”reviewed his review to see if it goes against [their] content policy.” Surprise, it doesn’t.

i said, so, we have a guest that you (Airbnb) cancelled a reservation for so that the police could evict him and then you (Airbnb) felt it important for him to decide if our place was clean, or as described, or if our communication was good or great??????!!! I can tell you about our communication - we texted and called the lying guest over a dozen times for 4 hours and he would not answer. And when we spoke to the cops they said the lying guest told them he was ignoring us. 

Airbnb, you are a joke. You have no control, and you care zero for the people making you money. Three more rentals moving to Vrbo. 

15 Replies 15
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Mani307 

Oh great. I am glad they removed it. He did come across as pretty crazy in his review. Gives us a bit of hope that they do actually remove reviews + ratings sometimes, even though they keep telling us that's impossible...