Airbnb misrepresenting there canceltaion policy

Answered!
John1675
Level 2
Eastsound, WA

Airbnb misrepresenting there canceltaion policy

When I chose flexible cancelation that clearly states that guests can receive refund up to ONE DAY prior to arrival. READ THE PAGE. It is very Clear and documented. No mention of allowing a client to be refunded after the one day prior and especially after they have arrived and spent a portion of days and then bail leaving us with an empty rental. When I was informed that a guest who bailed half way through their stay due to a trivial reason and found later they had secured lesser cost  lodging, that Airbnb was crediting them back 1/2 of the fee by deducting that amount from us. This is violation of contract and I attempted to allow Airbnb to make this right with one of their superhost customers in discussing this with an Airbnb service person. Then I receive a SORRY Superhost letter and that there is apparently some fine print in the "Help section describing that airbnb deviates from the plain verbiage in the cancelation setup selection. No footnotes on the cancelation setup selection page or even any clue to this hidden misrepresentation. This is not acceptable and I will be filing a small claims suit in San Juan County district court for the money due to us. I am confident a judge will find this issue not speaking well for Airbnb's tactics. I am hoping someone who cares at Airbnb will forward this to someone of higher authority to review this issue and retain a long and loyal customer. Thank you .  John Wachter - Superhost

1 Best Answer
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@John1675   The follow link explains the policies.  For the Flexible, if the guest leaves mid stay, you get paid for the nights they stayed plus one extra and they then get refunded for the remainder.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/475/cancellation-policies-for-your-listing

It might be worth you carefully reading all the policies before deciding on the which suits you best.  We use moderate and so far have had no issues

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@John1675   The follow link explains the policies.  For the Flexible, if the guest leaves mid stay, you get paid for the nights they stayed plus one extra and they then get refunded for the remainder.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/475/cancellation-policies-for-your-listing

It might be worth you carefully reading all the policies before deciding on the which suits you best.  We use moderate and so far have had no issues