Airbnb mobile app notification not working

Answered!
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

Airbnb mobile app notification not working

Has anyone else encounter problems with the Airbnb mobile app notification?

The app did not notify me of a recent booking and messages from a guest. To my bad surprise, this morning I found out that the reservation has been cancelled automatically because I did not reply on time. Now I am being charged 50% of that guest reservation as cancellation fee when I actually never physically cancelled it.

Airbnb should make sure that their app is reliable, I will advice all of you to be careful and not to rely on the App only.

1 Best Answer

Thank you for your reply Gwen.I have been hosting for a while now and I know that I made a mistake by not checking my email.

But what is strange here is that neither the guest nor Airbnb made an effort to contact me via my phone.This is the first time that I am facing such an issue on Airbnb.You maybe have also notice that my response rate says "within an hour".

I will definitely make sure that this never happen again.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Oomesh-Kumarsingh0 I don't just rely on the app to alert me.  I check my emails multiple times a day, if only in the hope that I get a reservation. Emails should absolutely be checked at least once a day, since to maintain a 100% response rate, hosts must respond within 24 hours. 

I also note that your listing even states that you will reply to all messages 24/7 no matter what. Yep, I recommend that you continuously monitor your emails and not just rely on the app. 

Thank you for your reply Gwen.I have been hosting for a while now and I know that I made a mistake by not checking my email.

But what is strange here is that neither the guest nor Airbnb made an effort to contact me via my phone.This is the first time that I am facing such an issue on Airbnb.You maybe have also notice that my response rate says "within an hour".

I will definitely make sure that this never happen again.