Airbnb review policy is not upheld

Ofelia38
Level 1
Austin, TX

Airbnb review policy is not upheld

Beware of charging guests additional fees due to guests violating your listing policy. You might be left a negative biased review that is completely false and airbnb will do nothing to remove it. Even though airbnb states very clear that biased reviews violate airbnb review policy. Airbnb representatives will do nothing to help and uphold this review policy. 

Charge additional fees at your own risk. 

4 Replies 4
Michael5047
Level 6
West Palm Beach, FL

@Ofelia38 

I would recommend reaching out to them in 2 months and asking to remove the review again. If that doesn't help, wait 2 more months and do it again.

It's about to reach the correct representatives.

Mike from West Palm
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Ofelia38 

I am afraid you might have misunderstood that part of the review policy. Where it states that reviews may not be 'biased', the examples given are:

- Reviews from owners or those affiliated with the listing, 'fake' reviews where you've basically recruited someone to make a booking and leave a review and reviews by direct competitors etc.

- Reviews where extortion has been involved, e.g. when someone threatens to leave a bad review if they don't get XYZ, or when a host gives the guest some kind of financial incentive (bribe) to leave a good review

- Reviews where there has been a 'significant' violation of the party and events policy

So, by 'bias', Airbnb does not mean whether the statements made in the review are true or not.

Quite the opposite. It clearly states in the policy:

"

If you feel a review is untrue

While we encourage and expect all community members to post reviews that contain objective and accurate information, Airbnb doesn’t mediate disputes concerning the truth of reviews. We expect the author of the review to stand behind the content of their review."

That is why Airbnb refused to remove the review. I'm not saying it's fair. I don't think it's fair at all. Your guest basically admits breaking your house rules and bringing additional guests beyond your max occupancy without permission. You have explained well about the security camera and the gate sensor, so hopefully future guests will realise that this guest is making unwarranted assumptions about being 'watched'. It might even be beneficial, i.e. will scare off guests who are planning to try to sneak in extra people.

I am not disagreeing with @Michael5047 's suggestion. Perhaps he has experience of this and has had success, so it's worth a try. I'm just saying that your guest's review does not violate the review policy, so it might be tricky.

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Ofelia38 Which type of fees are you referring to Ofelia ?H

Ofelia , while your guest appears to be very offhand about their extra guest , your extra guest fee is very high .I cannot imagine why . it is super important that communication is always clear'before ' the guests arrive and that your guests are able to feel comfortable communicating changes in guest numbers or arrival times with you.These things are your job as a good host and make your guests, stay  easy and convenient . H