Airbnb review system is broke

Airbnb review system is broke

Airbnb review system is broken, multiple situations were the sequence of reviews vs damage claims are made is not logical
We had 24h to claim a damage, but then guest had 14 days for their reviews.
Obviously when you ask for damages, you get a bad review.
Then your support team is not even really listening.
I have 56 reviews and In all, two low reviews were enough to remove my superposés status, those were guest for which I had to claim for damage.
Is that logical?
Up to you to judge
Remi

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Remi299 Yes it is very logical. Just not very fair. By working this way it encourages hosts not to claim for damages which keeps guests happy which makes Airbnb more money (or at least reduces their losses).

@Remi299   Airbnb recently announced that they're changing the policy to allow 14 days to file a resolution request, even if the next guests have checked in. But the review period still falls within that time frame, so it doesn't completely eliminate the odds of a retaliatory review.

And as @Mike-And-Jane0 pointed out, the goal of the Superhost program is not to reward excellence, but rather to manipulate hosts into behaviors that suit Airbnb's interests. If chasing after perfect ratings to keep their status discourages hosts from making damage claims, that means it's working exactly as intended.