April Policy Changes

Answered!
Laurel13
Level 2
Anaheim, CA

April Policy Changes

How many feel as I do.....

The policy changes coming up in April are overwhelming.   In order for any of us to really understand what's changing, it would require each of us to comb through pages upon pages of legal documents/jargon to try and identify the old from the new within each policy.  The fact that Airbnb Management is not providing a recap of the exact changes taking place and/or at least a red line/highlighted version of the policies to identify the changes leads one to believe they really don't want us to know what's changing....

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Laurel13 Are you talking about Airbnb policy changes or is this some local government change that doesn't apply outside your jurisdiction?

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Laurel13 Are you talking about Airbnb policy changes or is this some local government change that doesn't apply outside your jurisdiction?

I do not believe most if not all have anything to do with government regulations. Nor does it appear they are due to any particular jurisdiction (location of rental) but to be sure we would have to read through each and again it's cumbersome. I believe most are just Airbnb related policies.

@Laurel13 where have you found these policy changes?

Notification that changes are coming came in an email

Basha0
Level 10
Penngrove, CA

I tried reading through it and to understand more you kept having to click on links and it became onboard how much they had to protect themselves from bad policies 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Laurel13 What are some upcoming changes?

that's the million dollar question...the crux of the problem.....try figuring it out....it's not easy

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I know I should follow your lead and seek to understand the details of the new terms of agreement, but I am a bit fatalistic in that Air BNB has communicated if you don't agree, you may leave.  In other words, hosts do not vote.

I have always posted here that as long as I am getting what I need out of this platform, I will continue to use it.  Of course I will provide my opinion and if our collective opinion is noted and acted upon by Air BNB, so be it.  If not...