Booking Confirmation for UK Visa

Answered!

Booking Confirmation for UK Visa

I am applying for UK VISA for a month long stay. We are applying for a family of four (2 adults, 2 kids). We liked a few listings but not sure how to proceed with the booking because of the 48 hour cancellation policy.

Will we lose our entire booking fee if our Standard Visitor Visa application gets denied? 

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you are booking for a month stay and you cancel  you will lose the first 30 days. @Anand219 

It would be better for you to book a shorter stay ie 26 days with a flexible or moderate policy so you will lose less money (check Airbnb cancellation policy).

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Anand219 Some listings allow cancellation for free up to the date of arrival with all allowing a full refund if cancelled within 24 hours provided the booking is more than 14 days away. Others are stricter but the date before which cancellation is free is clearly shown in the booking process so you just need to look for somewhere flexible.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you are booking for a month stay and you cancel  you will lose the first 30 days. @Anand219 

It would be better for you to book a shorter stay ie 26 days with a flexible or moderate policy so you will lose less money (check Airbnb cancellation policy).

Thank you @Mike-And-Jane0  and @Helen3  for your replies. Appreciate it.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Anand219 Please be aware that @Helen3 's advice is correct. Mine is wrong because I forgot the cancellation rules for long term stays