Booking for someone else.

Booking for someone else.

Hi everyone, I am new to hosting.  So far I  have hosted 3 families.  My concern is I have a booking that’s coming up soon, the person booked for 4 people, but later messaged me saying her sister and a group will be there. I asked how many people and did not get a reply. After 2 weeks I received a message  today with her sister’s contact information to contact her about the upcoming stay. I replied stating that I will only be in contact with the person that made the booking ,  and she still did not give me an honest answer of how many people will actually be  in the house. Should I cancel this guest. I foresee problems and I don’t want to initiate any conversation with her sister since she did not make the book, also that there will be no confusion of who’s responsible should any damage occur or rules ignored. Help please. 

1 Reply 1
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Nadia840 Third party bookings are are not allowed on Airbnb. Get in touch with Airbnb and get them to do a neutral cancellation for you.

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/427/booking-for-friends-and-family

To avoid this happening in future, vet your potential guests with thorough questioning before accepting bookings,  and don’t be afraid to decline.