Bug Report - Saved message not working properly in the app

Sean95
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Bug Report - Saved message not working properly in the app

The saved messages feature in AirBnB works properly on the website but not in the app. The issue seems intermittent. When I scroll through my saved messages in the app in order to select one and send it, the entire content of each message sometimes appears in the scroll window, rather than just showing the heading like it's supposed to. 

This is really problematic if you have many messages and in different languages, as you need to scroll extremely far to find the message you actually need to send. Look at the size of the scroll bar in the attached gif on the right. This happens about 1/2 of the time. The rest of the time, it will display properly. You can see what this looks like in the other gif on the left that was taken in a mobile browser instead of the app.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gifcompressed.gif

4 Replies 4
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Sean95  tagging CEO @Brian  so he can follow up on this with his IT team.

He needs to sort them out as the same ongoing issues keep cropping up .

It appears someone is perhaps holding a role in a position of power that is covering butt for inexperience that needs to be addressed by him as CEO of his business.

@Nick tagging you here as well, not sure what you make of this one

Sean95
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Just noticed the scroll bar size is irrelevant since they are the same in both gif's. A better way to understand the problem I'm describing is to observe how on the left, you can see the numbered headings for each message in sequence, but on the right, you need to scroll through the entire content of each message before finding the next one. I have 21 messages in 3 different languages, so I have to scroll past tens of thousands of words before finding the appropriate message to send.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Sean95 and thanks for the tag. I've reported both of them and will get back to you via DM when I have an update.

Thanks

Nick