Can bad reviews be removed?

Can bad reviews be removed?

I had a guest that wrote a bad review : I was taking a evening nap and was awakened by loud voices

so I went to check , and of course the guest had 4 people in the room talking loudly in creole so I politely said hello twice before I could get their attention 

I then informed them that am hosting only one person at the moment and ask nicely if they could step outside which they did 

My guest apologized and said she didn’t know I was home , i said to her that wether or not this was not right, she further said she just wanted to show off where she was staying.

An hour later she sent me a message stating that she wants to leave and get a refund she chose to not disturb me further 

After she left she wrote a nasty review that I had flys in and out the house  , after she left the front door open and let flys in

and that I was located next to a dumpster and living in my house was hell she can’t have visitors and if she was staying by an hotel she would be allowed visitors and that no one should choose my place to stay 

I must say this I am not located near a dumpster , I keep a very clean house because my mother thought me how actually my mother is referred to as a clean freak .

1 Reply 1

@Merna1   The review doesn't appear to violate Airbnb's content policy. And there would be no point in having reviews if you could remove them just for being negative. So no, I don't really see any basis for censoring it.

But you can post a public response, pointing out that the registered guest is always welcome but the House Rules do not allow additional visitors. I wouldn't bother drawing more attention to the Dumpster comment, but if it's inaccurate, i guess you could take a measurement and state precisely how far away the trash receptacle is from the entrance. 

To attract better guests in the future, I suggest putting much more detailed descriptions in your listing text so people are very clear on your setup. All areas of the home that guests are welcome to access should be shown in the photos. And if you're sharing the living space, your profile should say a few things about you and your interests, and ideally have a picture of your face instead of a random palm tree.