Can't change pricing, block dates, import calendar ... have I been hacked?

Answered!
Christine455
Level 7
Meadview, AZ

Can't change pricing, block dates, import calendar ... have I been hacked?

Back in August I wrote to support that I got this error:

"You can manage your availability and nightly price through your property management system."

And I advised that I don't have a property management system. 

As usual,  Airbnb support was a 500% failure, sent me irrelevant links, and I gave up.

Did I get hacked?

Now I had to decline a booking request because the VRBO booking for those dates wasn't imported.  

The "import" link for the calendar is greyed out, like most functions.

If I could just BLOCK my entire calendar at least I wouldn't have to decline booking requests.

2021-10-23--locked-out-pricing.PNG

1 Best Answer
Jon3351
Level 2
Michigan, United States

I didn't notice that you can block dates on the mobile app but not on the website for whatever reason.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Jon3351
Level 2
Michigan, United States

Hey Christine,

We're having the same issue. All of a sudden all our blocked dates from VRBO vanished and we also can not block dates. It seems this is an issue with Airbnb, and not a hack.

Jon

Jon3351
Level 2
Michigan, United States

I didn't notice that you can block dates on the mobile app but not on the website for whatever reason.

Christine455
Level 7
Meadview, AZ

Oh, Jon, that works for me too!  Thanks so much!

I despise cell phones, and only used the app in emergencies, when I was out without my computer and only for messages.

Since August I've been dealing with that, and I'm glad I posted the screenshot at Airhost because I'd think I'm insane, at the time it said that I had to go through my property management company, which I don't have.

https://airhostsforum.com/t/why-cant-i-block-dates-after-sending-preapproval/49093/10

Now I don't get that property management company message anymore on my computer, but nothing works.

I didn't post here anymore because my last post got deleted again and again, until I posted the screenshot immediately after.

Thank you so much, now I have to decide whether to block ALL dates on the phone (not so hard) or find how to see why the calendar import doesn't work.

Someone should sue Airbnb for violating the ADA.   I have arthritis, phones stress me, have a hard time seeing on the phone, I'm old.

Christine455
Level 7
Meadview, AZ

I realized I can't just block ALL dates since they'll export to my VRBO and Google calendars,  so I tried to block Thanksgiving and it went to never never land.   Forced restart, restarted the phone and at least got that done.

I finally found the "booking settings" where I could change prices and all, but for "Linked Airbnb calendars" it show "no other calendars to link."

I see no "import" or "export" option (greyed out on the computer) and NOTHING happens when I tap / hit the phone.    I so hate those phones, could throw that damned thing and stomp on it.

Airbnb is definitely exporting because my settings are to require 2 days notice, so it always blocks those days at VRBO and Google.