Cancellations

Ranil12
Level 1
Colombo, LK

Cancellations

This guest reserved the apartment from 26th dec to 31st dec last year after pleading to keep dates for her until she sort out travel bookings. Once she arrived at the apartment she cancelled the reservation through Airbnb without informing me giving various bogus reasons. Though she gave many reasons but Airbnb found fault with me for noise due to near by constructions which they said I should have written in my listing detail though photo was there showing on going constructions. Unusual unbearable noise in the apartment or outside had not been complained by any of the previous guests or guests after her or guests who have stayed in same complex in different listings. I felt I was cheated by the guest as it was prime time during the year/holiday season many wanted to book and also I lost a booking as she wanted to keep those days for her. Though I indirectly told Airbnb about my feelings and made strong objection for her claim but Airbnb took her side and made a full refund and paid me only cleaning charges and 1/2 day's rent. Is there anyone who can help me what sort of precautions I should take not to happen this sort in future and if it occurs from where can get help to negotiate in productive manner. 

Thanks.

Ranil

1 Reply 1

@Ranil12 

Take that case as a expirience. Thats water down the bridge now.

Guests who try to bargain, to beg for special treatments or goodies whatsoever are difficult to handle and nearly not satisfyable.

Do not accept them in the future and stand your ground at all costs.