Cancelling a reservations for first time and while 24 days until arrival.

Bora1476
Level 2
Ayvalık, Turkey

Cancelling a reservations for first time and while 24 days until arrival.

After my incident with the guest and the disfunctionalised tv, i feel i hould avoid guests with no previous reviews or low rated reviews. 

See , one of my reservations have joined airbnb in 2013 and has no ratings, that can mean either he always worked around airbnb or nobody wanted to give a bad review for him to get a bad one as a retaliation.

I am wondering if i cancel his reservation which will also be my first reservation ever, will those 15 days get disabled and will i get a 50 dolar penalty.? there are 24 days remaining until his arrival.

6 Replies 6
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Bora1476 A host cancel begets penalties, yes. If this was an instant booking though, you can ask Airbnb to cancel without penalty, due to being uncomfortable with the guest. Note that they may refuse to do that. It's better to turn away or decline the guests you don't want to host, rather than cancel. That isn't fair to a guest. Have you asked this guest questions, to draw them out? When you do that, you can get a better sense of the guest, and how the stay may go. Start with asking why they have no reviews, since they've been a member so long.

Bora1476
Level 2
Ayvalık, Turkey

so it does not matter if it is my first time reservation or there are more then 22 days  until their arrival...and those days disabled.

Any clarification for this please?

Once you've got a booking, a cancellation is a cancellation is a cancellation. Nothing else matters.

The support staff put out sentences like "an ambassador will contact you about cacnellation shortly" but days go by... i feel like i am being dissuaded off this and cancel the reservation on my own and face the disabled days but i am wondering... airbnb dont care about those profitable days?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why do you want to cancel @Bora1476 ? 

i feel like i am tricked by (with my own inexperience) by a 6 year long airbnb "0 review" Mr "questionable". I have already informed him about my inconvenience so it is quite impossible for things go as they are planned.