Carbon monoxide detector

Carbon monoxide detector

We have said there is not a carbon monoxide detector in our home because the house is all electric and not required. How do I note that so not to deter potential guests.?

5 Replies 5
Ben-and-Sam0
Level 3
Chicago, IL

I doubt Airbnb will make any kind of exception. If I were you, I would put an inexpensive detector in the home, just so you can update the listing to say there is one present.

@Ben-and-Sam0  They aren't required, so I don't know what you mean by Airbnb not making an exception. It's as absurd to require or install one if it's not necessary as it would be to put up baby gates if you don't have babies or children and don't accept them in your listing.

@Brian-and-Tosha0  I also have no source of CO in my listing and no CO detector. I mentioned why under "other things to note". Whether all guests read that or not, I don't know. I've certainly never had a guest express any concern about it.

It's very irritating and unfair how Airbnb put that under our amenities with a big black line across it, as if we are somehow negligent hosts who don't care about safety.

Thanks for the advise. I did have a guest mention it but then was fine once I explained. But I will add it in the other notes section. Thanks again 

Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

I would just buy one and include it in my listing. They are relatively inexpensive, and having one in the unit actually boosts the algorithms for your listing.

@Maia29  It's not so much of a no-brainer, just-put-one-up in some places as one might think. Any battery operated things here in the tropics go bad within a very short time- I would be replacing the batteries every month. I have to keep all my small electronics and batteries in a box with an air-tight lid and dessicant because of the high humidity. And drilling into concrete walls or ceilings makes a huge mess (think concrete dust in every nook and cranny) and isn't easy. Hard wiring isn't even an option- the walls would have to jackhammered out and replastered.