[Celebration] โ€Œ๐ŸŽโ€Œ Gifting outside the box

Cheri354
Level 10
Helena-West Helena, AR

[Celebration] โ€Œ๐ŸŽโ€Œ Gifting outside the box

Cheri354_0-1703016230214.jpeg

Christmas is coming ! Are we ever really ready ? What about gifting when youโ€™re busy, recovering from surgery or for someone you donโ€™t know very well ? Donโ€™t panic, Iโ€™ve got a few ideas.

Your schedule plus extra commitments are bound to peak out at the Holiday season. You never get advanced notice of illness (so fun at Christmas !). Also, a relative or friend may surprise you with an extra guest at your very next gift exchange gathering. So, right now add a โ€˜genericโ€™ item or two to this weekโ€™s shopping list. The following suggestions make thoughtful, inexpensive gifts for nearly anyone..

Gifty Things to Buy

1. Fuzzy socks   -Plush, cuddly, warm and welcome !
  2. Small, not-too-many-pieces, jigsaw puzzle   -Kids of all ages enjoy them.
  3. Seasonal holiday candy   -Such a special treat ๐Ÿ™‚ Chocolate covered cherries or Christmas shaped peanut butter cups: Yum.
  4. Make a lasting impression with seasonal scents in any form: Lotion, candle, car freshener, lip balm, bath oil, etc.
  5. Inspirational or seasonal book. Devotionals, poems, short stories. My fav to share, โ€˜The Best Christmas Pageant Everโ€™ by Barbara Robinson.

Treasures to I.O.U.                                                        

Cheri354_1-1703016230216.jpeg

1. Promise to babysit or dog-walk for someone.
  2. Coupon for a dozen of your famous cookies (or anything else you bake).
  3. Agree to walk or workout with a friend.
  4. Run errands with a neighbor/friend to keep them company.
  5. Coupon for hosting a popcorn/movie night at your place.

Gifts you Create

1. Unique ! Share your talents: art, writing, crafts, stitching, photography.. 
  2. Make a tree ornament: Fill a โ€˜dollar storeโ€™ clear ball ornament with tinsel, confetti, coffee beans, marbles, buttons, etc. Glue top on, add ribbon bow and youโ€™re done !
  3. Make a small, flexible freezer ice pack for Boo-boos. Buy a pair of colorful infant anklet socks. Fill โ…” full with (long-cooking) rice. Unroll the ankle cuff, stitch across both layers of ankle near the fold line, close to the rice. Then fold the cuff back down over the stitching (Give instructions to keep in freezer until needed).
  4. Do you propagate your houseplants ? Repot, trim, root and plant cuttings to give !

And gifting when youโ€™re sick ?                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Cheri354_2-1703016229970.jpeg

Loads of places who have a presence online also take orders and ship for you ! Stores, yes. But also restaurants and bakeries. Try local venues like a Mall/shopping center or Farmerโ€™s Market gift card. Check with the Parks and Rec. department, museum, art gallery or winery. Is there a yoga place near the gift recipient ? or perhaps a clay/art class offered ? Does the local college have a concert or play coming up that sounds interesting ? All of these could be just a phone call away to arrange !

Very last-minute suggestion: (highly recommended !) Have a pizza delivered as a meal gift. You can do this even if you donโ€™t live anywhere near the recipient (been there, done that). 

Then you can get back to your nap and recovery, satisfied and guilt-free ๐Ÿ™‚

Wishing you all a festive and fun Christmas season !

Hugs from Helena,

Cheri & Rick

11 Replies 11
Daniel1651
Host Advisory Board Member
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain

What interesting and fun ideas to entertain my guests this holiday season!

@Cheri354 You has given us so many that now I have hundreds of ideas running through my head, ha, ha.

This is going to be so much fun!

Happy X-Mas for you too โค๏ธ

@Cheri354 Great ideas!

@Cheri354 Good thoughts, thank you!

merry Christmas ๐ŸŽ„.

Irma326
Level 1
Novi, MI

@Cheri354 I love the ideas that you have mentioned. Thank you so much.

Eve7595
Level 1
Mill Park, Australia

@Cheri354 Thanks for taking the time to share these wonderful ideas. Personally it was a shock for me to be let go of my permanent ongoing job right before Christmas, so I felt tough considering I am hosting Christmas lunch and dinner for family and friends. These ideas of making your own gifts or the babysitting certificate as such are brilliant. Merry Christmas to you all from my son Oliver and I. Take care everyone. 

Michele1897
Level 1
Hannibal, NY

@Cheri354 Love these ideas, thank you for sharing 

@Cheri354 Thank you so much for your stellar post - Gifting Outside The Box.

I'm going to gift a few friends a coupon for Christmas this year, what a fabulous idea.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas & delightful New Year.

Gay

@Cheri354 Thanks for your wishes. We too wish you a Merry Xmas and happy New year

Regards

Joseph George 

Peerzada0
Level 1
Srinagar

Thank you for this beautiful message and wishes ๐Ÿ™ 

Best wishes for you too ๐Ÿ’–

Beautiful creativity Cheri.  Thank you for the suggestions for heartfelt giving.  

Monica-Maria5
Level 2
Genoa, Italy

Thank you for the suggestions @Cheri354 . Pretty useful!!!