Day 1 - A year of inspiration, connection and feedback

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Day 1 - A year of inspiration, connection and feedback

Stephanie_0-1669906794071.png

Hi everyone,

Many of you know me from around the Community Center; I’ve been here for nearly 4 years, would you believe it!

This has been an important year. Together we’ve weathered more global turmoil than I’d ever wish for in a lifetime, let alone a year. We’ve achieved so much - side splitting laughs, heated debates, and connections that inspire me every day.

• We had nearly 6 million people visit the Community Center this year, who read over 20 million posts!
  • We launched our Airbnb.org board as suggested by our amazing member, @Helen3, as a dedicated space for our incredibly generous Hosts to discuss how they can support those facing crises the world over.
  • We had our first ever Festival of Sustainability with fantastic contributions from @Clara116, @Daniel1651 (HAB) and @Felicity11 (HAB) (to name a few!)
  • We launched our Community Center redesign in November and are continuing to update from the amazing feedback we receive from you all (@Mike-And-Jane0 & @Gillian166 especially!)

And here we are, on the cusp of the winter holiday season (or Summer for our friends on the other side of the hemisphere!) thinking of where we came from and what we have next for 2023. You may be wondering what the picture is that I have used - it is an exceptionally old tree in Nottingham forest (Sherwood forest where Robin Hood is said to have laid his hat).

Fingers crossed the start of next year, my family and I are set to move to the area for our next big adventure. But the tree also reminds me of our Community - it is strong, it has many branches, it goes through moments of growth, moments of decline but! It is kept going by its environmental factors - if it is nurtured, it will always thrive in the end.

That is what each of us does for each other when we support one another in this space. I’m so proud of what we have built together and can’t wait to see what we can achieve next year and beyond.

Thanks,

Steph

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

36 Replies 36
Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

thank you for starting the month of celebrations off on the 1st of December as well as seeing you on the zoom meeting last night 30th November or your day. I like your choice of comparing CC community to the tree, but we could further this to the "Tree of Life" symbol which appears in different cultures around the world and may differ to their belief.

In that the "Tree of Life" is, everything is connected like the Airbnb CC forum with the branches being the family and its connection of spreading intricately across the world and reaching upwards to aim high.

the roots spread inward to the ground linking us to the past and future, connecting us with nature in different parts of the world. to remind us that we have a connection to Mother earth or Airbnb.

In that, as a host we start with a seed, sprout, branch out, give fruit and as we are all independent, we aim to grow and flourish. Sometimes we hibernate, drop our leaves and then we sprout new buds to blossom again. But sometimes we struggle to survive or our business or venture dies.

Lastly, the "Tree of Life" and Airbnb represents birth, growth, energy, regrowth and the future when each one of as hosts have decided to be planted.

Stephanie, I started writing this the morning as some have said there is glitches and yes, I find if you starting to write and want to look at the next page to refer to my writing disappears. or says it is authenticated. I then have to start writing all over again, but I have learnt to take a snapshot of it and have a copy, then rewrite it.

Thanks again Stephanie for getting December Celebrations started.

@Stephanie

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Stephanieyes there is a glitch because my writing has all changed the message told me the HTML had altered and words were invalid. Pressed the reply button as this is what you received 2 seconds ago

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Laurelle3 @Robin4 @Mike-And-Jane0 @Emiel1 ,

Through great efforts by @Stephanie and Engg. team, the HTML issue has finally been resolved. Thanks for constantly keeping in touch with us after noticing it. Your constant feedback helps to keep the bugs in check. Thanks again for your patience and understanding!! 🙌

We are glad to announce our 6th Month of Celebration! Click here to view the line-up!

Can't find what you're looking for? Click here to start a conversation!

-----

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Laurelle3 @Bes175 @Robin4 @Mike-And-Jane0 @Huma0 @Ruth413 and everyone else

I've spent most the day on calls with the platform engineers on this one - it was driving the OCM's and I crazy too! Good news is we have a fix enroute, expected in the next few hours.

Watch this space and thank you for reporting!!

-----

Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Now wanting to sound pedantic

but now that everything is painted,

clean and brand new;  does it mean

we can Dial It to 11? 

gf.png

Solveig0
Level 10
Lørslev, Denmark

I guess that would you Ratatosk, @Stephanie ! Running up and down the world tree with messages between the roots and the branches! 

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Wow.. 6 million people visit the Community Center this year, who read over 20 million posts! Congrats to you @Stephanie  and the team of Community Managers for the great job you have been done! 👏👏👏👏