Day 9: Give back to the community

Heliana2
Level 2
Shefford, Canada

Day 9: Give back to the community

Heliana2_0-1670584302420.png

I bought my country house just before the world was hit by the pandemic. As I could not travel during that year, I put all my attention and care into the redesign of the house in order to offer myself and my family a place with unparalleled comfort where we could spend quality time. 

After a while, when we began to travel again, the expenses of my country house seemed to be relatively high as we were going there only on the weekends. 

By chance, at that moment I was introduced to the short term renting and Airbnb platform, as the perfect tool for simple people to manage their bookings. So I decided to share my country house with my guests, while I was enjoying it too. Not only did I have financial benefits, but also I discovered a way to connect with people from different regions, make them happy and at the same time give back to the community a part of myself and my love I feel for people and life itself. I always promise to my guests that while staying in my house, they will feel a divine comfort that is focused on their well-being. 

This was my story of how I was introduced to Airbnb. This journey has been very rewarding so far; guests' reviews speak for themself. What is your story?

4 Replies 4
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Heliana2 what an amazing start of your journey, thank you so much for sharing this! 😍

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

It's always lovely to hear how everyone started @Heliana2! Thank you so much for sharing this here 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Heliana2 welcome to the world of Airbnb and thank you for your story. It is interesting that we all started for different reasons. 

I feel the best reason is that we have a heart and feelings of sharing what is ours and others and they can enjoy it too. We also hope that they will appreciate it as much as we do. 

Keep everyone what you do.

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Heliana2 

Beautiful house, beautiful pic !

Interesting the way you started ! Thanks for sharing it.