EARLY CHECK OUT

Michael6391
Level 1
Kissimmee, FL

EARLY CHECK OUT

Hi. My name is Mike I am new to Hosting on Airbnb. I would like to know this information in advance before it comes back to haunt me lol.

lets say I get a guest that wants to check out early on a 30 days booking.    lets say he wanted to go some where else and he left on the 15 days.   What will happen? 

Will he get a refund for the remaining days? 

Who issues the refund if that's the case? 

Or he doesn't get no refund and he has to deal with it and pay full 30 days booking?

Please HELP!

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Michael6391  The long term booking policy, which would override whatever your normal booking policy is, means the guest is not entitled to a refund. However, Airbnb has been known to refund anyway.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1361/cancellations-of-longer-stays

But unless you are required by law in your jurisdiction to only take 30+ day bookings, you should probably not accept them. They can be fraught with problems, from a guest becoming a tenant after 30 days in the eyes of the law, then falling under landlord/tenant laws, there being none of the safeguards landlords normally use for tenants, and getting stuck with an objectionable guest for a long time.

As a new host, you also want to build up as many reviews as you can as quickly as possible. That means short term, not long term bookings.

And as a home-share host, you really don't want to have some stranger around for that long who may have objectionable behavior or who you simply find you don't like. 2 weeks is plenty long enough for a private room booking. 

And if you find a guest to be great to have around, you can always let them extend a stay if you have availability.

PS. You need to provide way more info in your listing description.