Guest count

Carol5416
Level 2
Madison, AL

Guest count

A few times guests mark 1 guest when they know they have 2. One has even told me oh I forget. BS no you didn't. So, what can I do?

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Carol5416 

1. confirm numbers with guest when you reply to their booking confirmation

2. if they arrive with more than the number who have booked, let them know the second guest needs to be added to the booking and contact Airbnb to add the second person and they will send a payment request which the guest needs to accept. Make sure they do this before you let them stay the night/duration

Tony-And-Una0
Level 10
Belfast, United Kingdom

This is often not done deliberately.

If the person  booking does not fill in number of guests it defaults to one guest. We have asked Airbnb many times over many years to remove the default and require the field to be populated before completing the booking. 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I just had a reservation through for one and immediately went back with my 'thank you for booking' type response. I also asked her to confirm the guest count (£10 extra after one). A cancellation swiftly followed.   

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

I do wonder if it makes any difference whether one or two guests turn up. Same cleaning and bedding presumably? 

We have a 3 bed place but as airbnb doesn't allow us to charge 'by the room' we just have an occasional bonus when all 3 rooms are not used

Double the towels, double the water, double the Nespresso pods, two pairs of slippers (instead of one), etc., etc.

It makes a difference for me and my bottom-line, @Mike-And-Jane0, but I appreciate it might not for others.   

Tony-And-Una0
Level 10
Belfast, United Kingdom

We need to know how many people are in the premises overnight for insurance and safety reasons. We need to register it in a log under Northern Ireland Tourist Board regulations.

If there was, heaven forbid, a fire or whatever, we need to be able to say how many people are in the building.