HOW CAN I CONTACT AIRBNB TO MAKE A FORMAL COMPLAINT AGAINST THE SERVICE OF THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE?

Francesca359
Level 2
Sololá Department, Guatemala

HOW CAN I CONTACT AIRBNB TO MAKE A FORMAL COMPLAINT AGAINST THE SERVICE OF THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE?

I just tried to leave a message and it didn't work?! I feel totally cut off and disrespected by AirBnB. As a host we are not respected.

I need to complain to the head of the Supervisors dept. Any contact information for this much appreciated

@Airbnb 

6 Replies 6
Chantel54
Level 2
Mississauga, Canada

I am in the same boat. I have been trying to get an issue resolved since November and have followed up  numerous times asking for someone from their resolution department to CALL me on the issue. I had a guest cause damages, acknowledge to both me and their CS agent that it was her fault and yet still I have not be reimbursed for these amounts. Ugggh!! How do we complain, how do we let Airbnb what is NOT working for us hosts!!!! I am beyond frustrated at this point. @Airbnb I don't know what is going on with your CS but my last few experiences have been horrible!

Robbie54
Level 10
North Runcton, United Kingdom

@Chantel54 sadly Airbnb have been like this for quite a while, even before the pandemic. I generally put it down to poorly trained cs staff, you get different answers to the same question  depending on who you speak to. I've had this many times, very frustrating. I'm amazed they're still in business given their horrendous customer service track record. 

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Francesca359 @Chantel54 welcome to the Community and I'm so sorry to hear that you have had issues with your Support cases. The best thing to do if you still have an ongoing issue is to contact the team - there's a guide with some different options here

If you have general feedback around your Support experiences, you've already shared it here so that is a great start, and you can also share specific suggestions on how things could be approved for you here

Beza0
Level 1
Laval, Canada

@Francesca359

My issue is different. I'm a guest and tried booking 2 places, with no success. I've tried using PayPal and Visa, and both methods were refused, without any cause. My bank says it's on Airbnb side. I contacted Airbnb CS to explain the situation and they suggested I try with the app. Still not working. In the meantime,  the 2 places which were pre-approved, are now surprisingly booked!

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Francesca359 

In order to make a formal complaint against customer service You have to turn to customer service.

I have the same issue. I had a horrible(well several) experience with support and I always ask to speak to a superior and they just say that they will pass it along. This isn’t a very good way to evaluate your staff by allowing the staff to decide what goes to the boss and what does not. Seems like a broken system or perhaps they just DGAF which is more likely. Air bnb is nothing what it advertises itself to be. Only thing that matters is $ unfortunately. And that is so against many of the hosts that work for them and make them their $. I think we need to ban together and force change. Maybe a union? Either that or we fragment off and create our own socially responsible platform to rent out spaces and put them out of business. I prefer the latter.