Have you seen the Ytube posted 2 days ago on CNBC television. Airbnb CEO Brian Chesky on travel outlook

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

Have you seen the Ytube posted 2 days ago on CNBC television. Airbnb CEO Brian Chesky on travel outlook

I have just watched a Ytube with a interview by a female CNBC hosts asking Brian Chesky about travel slowdown and the future of the travel outlook. He states there is still demand for travel even in this economic downturn and considers there will be growth in Airbnb.

This will be through perfection of core service, customer service, providing better value making, hosting mainstream.

Brian talk about high stream acquisitions as in; high end Hotels tonight and luxury treats. 

The CNBChosts is Airbnbgoing to have a loyalty programme? Brian says he is looking into this beyond a points system.  Lastly, he was asked about AI with Airbnb he said that he could see a lot to be changing with this technology.

When I typed in AI and Airbnb. Google tells me Airbnb is using AI  for their algorithms with similar search places that you click on. Places you view, hosts preferences and guest preferences, calculating prices, host response time, It is also used to evaluate if guests are trustworthy. In thatAI algorithm function is similar to background check of guests to determin their personality traits such as "conscientiousness and openness " along with "narcissism, Machiavellianism (new word for me - person who is sly, deceptive, distrusting and manipulative ) or physchopathy"

Maybe Airbnb are looking after us as in the hosts and who wants to stay in our accommodation. 

The question I ask myself is what does Airbnb have on me and other hosts?

8 Replies 8
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

Oh my gosh Laurelle3, Narcissism is such an out of date and mooted around word for what is just a series of 'possible ' personality traits with very little bearing at all on how every host or guest behaves, these traits may be of vague interest to a therapist wanting to characterise or catergorise something or someone they cannot be bothered to otherwise explain but are really antithematic to real hosts and real guests. Disappointing I would say to all the hosts who actually expect Brian to know about hosting in its basics and fundamentals . Stick  to basics for goodness sakes , but at least there are the answers to why nothing makes any 'common sense and CS reps have no clear idea of what is actually going on . The monster is in the machine.. yikes . Tell me it aint so.... H

@Helen744 trying to look on the positive side. If AI is being utilised with guests who are booking maybe there will be less deceptiveness on who they are booking for, the number of people staying, what they are going to do when they stay and how they are going to look after your property.

Also there should be less negative reviews from those guests who want to be destructive for their own benefit.

Here's hoping, but sometimes when we read some of the topics on the CC Forum it is a hard way for a host to learn from an incident or where  expectations can differ to another.

Laurelle3 believe me this is not working for the hosts benefit. Good hosts cannot be replaced with artificial intelligence. Just lead the horse to the water please Airbnb and let the hosts take over . The frightening thing is that Airbnb will not let go of the money ,they already take a large share., They allow power and control to CS that lets some guests have refunds for nonsensical loopholes.  Guests are complaing about cleaning fees and fail to either read hosts rules or are, its been said redirected toward hotels without the host ever knowing , or removed from the map area ,so they do not show up at all. Airbnb are not treating hosts equally or it seems notifying hosts of something that affects them directly,such as refunds and cancellations where guests do not even leave the home.Some hosts are not the same as others but that first choice should be made by guests ,not airbnb. a budget listing and a more exclusive series of listings shoyld be categorised in a number of ways. The professionalism and the leaders seem to be absent while being seriously punitive ,money grasping and strangely a 'non sharing 'CEO.... H

Machiavelli by the way was an Italian intellectual who wrote a 'guide book' as it were for dictators to remain as dictators. The main treatise were things like 'make sure all of your rivals are killed 'when you first take over , because otherwise they will come back and battle you in the future.In western democracies like Australia and I assume England and the US, monopolies are illegal . The book is called "The Prince'. It was written when Italy was a series of principalities.Many people do feel that airbnb does need competition to arrest its direction against takeover and 'manipulation of the hosts property...It makes people uneasy if CEOs are thinking Machiavelli is anything but an interesting read.... H

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Well when that AI dust settles, what they should have on my guests is:

'Bring a sense of humor and a nothing-is-a-problem attitude. Don't bother booking this place if you do not know how to have fun."

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Fred13 for me, my guest should know that " the beach is the best place to be, relax, rest,nothing soothes the soul more than a stroll on the beach in the sun and even in the rain."

I think AI is not working properly. I asked him all day yesterday to cook food and clean the apartment, but he didn’t do anything. Then I went to do it myself so that my friends would come to me. Communication between people cannot replace Ai

@Kushnirov0  Ha Ha. I think he is not working properly either... H