Hello

Hello

Hi Folks,

My name is Jasbinder Singh. I am an author and was a technologist working on Microsoft Technology for 34 years. I have two sons and a wife of 25 years who was a stay-at-home drinker to put to put it very mildly.

I am looking to relocate to San Diego with my service dog, a Border Collie named after my mother.

I now work as an author and am working on publishing five books before Christmas and I need extreme privacy and need to finish off these books before Christmas.

To relocate to San Diego, which is where I want to relocate to, does anyone have property where I can park two cars and store all my gym equipment, as well as lots of other equipment, which is sports, books and 4 fish aquariums? 2 of these are 32.5 gallons and I have small 3 gallons tanks.

I was born and educated in England and have lived here almost half of my life and intend to relocate and retire to San Diego where I need to buy an acre of land and need AirBnB in the interim. Have not used it, so this is my first time.

Anyone who can help me move in along with all my stuff and my dog? This will be on 8/15/2022.

Thank you. jass msft at outlook dot com.

Jasbinder Singh. 

7 Replies 7
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Jasbinder0  you need to use the search function on Airbnb to see what accommodation might be available in your budget that accommodates animals

to be honest it sounds like you would be better to go through the standard estate agency route as the vast majority of Airbnb's wouldn't be suitable as they wont have the storage you need

you can employ a house removal firm to move your belongings

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

Unfortunately, airbnb would not work for your requirements. No one would want to rent out their property to a guest who needs extreme privacy. TBH, it’s kind of scary because no one would know what’s going on if they even allowed this. Also, airbnb is for short-term rentals not storage. Your best bet is to search on sites like Realtor dot com, Zillow dot com and/or Redfin dot com and work with a Realtor to help you narrow down places.  The roadblock, and it’s a humongous one, is your timeline. August 15 screams urgency for what you need so that’s going to be a real hindrance, no matter what avenue you decide to take. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jasbinder0 

Or consider using a storage facility for your stuff and booking your accommodation separately. I assume there are no fish in the aquariums! 

Okay, thank you. Ian Fleming oops, I meant Jasbinder Singh that is my name in this life.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jasbinder0 

I assume you are referring to me, rather than the other hosts who posted here... Again, my powers of deduction are quite astounding.

Sorry, was just trying to be helpful. Your requirements, as you can see by the other comments, are not really fit for most Airbnbs and therefore maybe you should think about alternatives.

Just saying. If your powers of deduction were as powerful, maybe you would have figured that out already...

I have almost finished the first of my 5 books called A Speck of Dust and need to finish off the other four.

Maybe wait and see whether anybody wants a sequel before you start writing the next speck of dust.