Help… Need a rental with a hot tub for Sept. 17-19 in or around Logan, OH.

Help… Need a rental with a hot tub for Sept. 17-19 in or around Logan, OH.

Looking for a place to stay in the Hocking Hills area, Sept. 17-19, entire place, with a hot tub. Anything available?

Please help.

12 Replies 12
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Mark3857  Not sure why you have posted this on an international discussion forum. The chances of a host in a specific area who has a hot tub reading your post here is about  zero.

The way to find an Airbnb is to peruse the listings for the area you want, using the appropriate search filters.

The Airbnb help desk walked me thru exactly what to say in order to have it directed to to local community… figures they were again no help

@Mark3857  Ah, the unhelpful customer disservice desk. I honestly don't understand what these people are being paid for, when they seemingly know nothing and just flop out whatever pops into their head.

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Mark3857 

That’s a new one.

I guess the odds of someone in that area seeing this are approximately equal to getting help from CS.

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Mark3857 

This place looks very nice.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/46803008?check_in=2021-09-19&check_out=2021-09-24&guests=1&adults=2&s=6...

There are several others. You can add “hot tub” to your filter under “facilities.”

The thing that kills me, I had a reservation for the last 2.5 months at the perfect place. Friday I received an email stating they canceled my cancellation due to my ID verification. 🤦‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ After hours and hours and hours of conversations on the phone with Airbnb, they magically reinstated me today and everything is all of a sudden fine…. Except my reservation is gone! Now I NEED a new place…

@Mark3857  Bummer. As Brian suggested, it wouldn't hurt to send inquiries (use the 'Contact host' button in the listing) out to places that are suitable, saying you'd love to be notified if for some reason they get a cancellation for those dates. 

I had a prospective guest do that, and the booked guest did indeed cancel. Unfortunately, even though I let the inquiring guest know right away, she wrote back "Darn! I just booked another place 2 days ago, as I was afraid if I held off any longer, I wouldn't find anything".

And here's a suggestion- as a guest with no reviews for a host to go on, take the time to do a little profile write-up. I'd be much quicker and more at ease to accept a guest with no reviews yet, if I got a sense of them from reading a bit about them and if they wrote me a nice initial message than if they just sent a request and had an empty profile. Doesn't have to be some major autobiography, just something that gives hosts a sense of who they are dealing with.

I.e. "We're a middle-aged professional couple- I work in IT and my wife is a school administrator. In our leisure time we enjoy skiing, hiking, and camping. We like to socialize, but aren't wild partier types- those days were over long ago. We are also home-owners ourselves, so understand how to respect others' properties."

Airbnb is really remiss in not advising guests to do this, just as they are remiss in not letting guests know that many hosts will require verified ID.

There are a ton of nice places, just none for the dates I need: Sept. 17-19th

@Mark3857  If this was an airbnb mistake, maybe they could help you with the search....although if the CS rep told you to ask about a rental in this forum, then I doubt they would find anything that you can't find by a search.  You could also look on other home share platforms maybe.

Exactly… I have nothing available for the dates in the area I need. CS was no help. Another platform is probably the best bet. Thank you

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Mark3857 

You could message the host and ask them to let you know if your dates open up. Sometimes there are last-minute cancellations.

Already did that and she feels bad, but already has it rented for the dates I need