Help please, Thanks! Michael

Help please, Thanks! Michael

Hello. A renter left my house a disaster and left a mattress in a guest bedroom soiled and unusable. I asked the guest to buy us a new mattress. The renter declined and then turned around and left me a bad review full of lies. Our house is always perfect for our guests. I had to open 2 cases with Airbnb to get reimbursed for the damaged mattress and get the negative review removed and each time I received messages from Arbnb that they can not process my request. The reason they say is because I did not notify them before the next renter arrived or with in 14 days after the guest left. Our cleaner was at our house from 10am to 2pm cleaning the mess the renters left and when she was finished at 2pm the next renters arrived. Our cleaner then sent me information about the damage and pictures. Everything was sent to Airbnb right away and a case was opened as quickly as possible. There was not a possibly to open a case within their crazy parameters. I am sure they understand this and they are not working with me to get this resolved. I am getting no help from Aibnb. Nothing!!!!!

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Michael5512 

The rules for claiming damage are indeed very strict and this means when you have a next guest arriving on the same day, the cleaner need to sent you the damagereport right away !

I fear Airbnb will not make an exception....

The problem with the retaliation review is a well known issue, as guest tend to leave such a review after receiving a damage claim etc... The review will only be removed if it is a violating Airbnb content policy.

I read the review (and your comment), but probably no violation. But.... it seems the account of the guest B. is gone or blocked or ??. Maybe now there is a other reason to have the review removed, as your review (assuming you wrote one) for B. can not be read.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

What a lovely house, @Michael5512 .  Too bad you had a bad experience with this guest, but you do have wonderful reviews, so the review will be discarded by potential guests.  As to the Air BNB claim policy, it is what it is unfortunately.  Those hosts who allow new guests to book the day of the previous guest checking out often have problems with this policy.  You might want to consider another platform in which you have control over a security deposit or perhaps changing your booking criteria to include a day between bookings.