Hosting an online experience

Julianna-Rose0
Level 1
Florida, United States

Hosting an online experience

Hi.

I am wanting to apply to be a host for an  Online Meditation Experience and I live in Broward County FL. I noticed in the details it mentions business licensing. Do you need a business license to host an Online Experience in Broward County? It mentions something about Miami has some rules about that. I would love some clarification before I decide. Thank you

5 Replies 5
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Julianna-Rose0 

Maybe in your area it requires you have a registered business, I know in Thailand to open a Spa we have to register with the health department because you are offering medical treatments,

I have not looked at doing experiences on Airbnb for a long time, Maybe you should look at how much commission you have to pay Airbnb, it was 20%,

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Julianna-Rose0 At this point in time a host without a place cannot do this and there is nowhere to apply to , unless you ask a host in your area. H

@Julianna-Rose0  Has your Experience proposal already been approved by Airbnb? I'm not sure they're still taking applications for online experiences, as that was a bit of a 2020 novelty. There might be people who go onto the Airbnb website looking for people to remotely meditate with, but who are they?

@Anonymous  hoo hoo hoo .....H

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Julianna-Rose0   As a sounding board for hosts, we cannot tell you what business licensing rules there are in Broward County for a meditation experience.  That is something that you will need to research via the county offices.  Once you have met Florida's requirements for conducting a business you should be able to advertise via the AirBnB experience (as long as that feature is still operational).  Good luck.