Hosting in Greensboro NC

Joy189
Level 2
Greensboro, NC

Hosting in Greensboro NC

I am hosting several short-term rentals in Greensboro and just received notice that stays of less than 30 days is against the rules of the city. I live in a previously blighted home and short-term rent out several other previously blighted homes. I had not previously known this and wondered if anyone else had gotten a notice.  

Joy Watson
8 Replies 8
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Joy189, have you considered discussing this with local Hosts via our "Get Local" page? 🙂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

No, I thought that was where I was posting. Should I read a few hundred more articles or follow a few more steps in a list of step by step, perhaps a few more hours of video tutorials are in order? Urggg. 

Joy Watson

There isn't a group or a meet-up for Greensboro. When I click on my area on the map it only shows Winston Salem and that is a different city with different rules. I could start a group for Greensboro but that wasn't intuitive based on the click options provided. 

Joy Watson

Hello Quincy 

I live in Greensboro North Carolina USA. There is not a group in my area. There is one in Winston-Salem, but that's about an hour away from me and their market is different than mine. It is a different city completely. I have asked how to create a group for Greensboro, many times. I submitted an application to airbnb to start a group and never heard anything from Airbnb. I am not super tech saavy but decent. I have a college degree in special education, I am a North Carolina licensed educator, I am also a licensed Realtor in NC and host 7 listings on Airbnb. I sit on the board of directors for the HOA for one of the properties I own and have for 7 years. I had to have four of my homes rezoned to allow the continued use as STR so I feel like I should be able to access or start a group here in Greensboro. 

I get frustrated when I consistently provide airbnb with timely responses to guests and updating of my listings. I work very hard to make sure that my guest have the best experience on the Airbnb platform. I do not feel that Airbnb is respectful of my time and efforts that are making them a decent profit every year consistently. WHY oh why can I not join or start a group in Greensboro in an efficient way? WHY oh why can someone from Airbnb not just tell me how to create an airbnb sanctioned group? WHY oh why am I messaging into the same abyss over and over with feedback and calls and surveys on service .... I give this stuff for free, for the benefit of everyone on Airbnb. My time has value too... and the arrogance of corporations who expect free feedback and ask to record calls with their users for training ... I just don't understand where all the data and  training is going to? I do not understand how Airbnb can be long term sustainable without even idiot users like myself understanding what in the world is going on to prevent me from creating a Greensboro NC group? 

Joy Watson
Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

Hi @Joy189, I  am sorry I cannot advise you in this matter. 

If you don't mind me asking; what is mean by the term *blighted house*?

Regards, 

@Christine1

@Christine1  Blighted: in a badly damaged or deteriorated condition. a blighted landscape. a blighted city. 

This is a common real estate term used to describe a home that was in poor condition. 

Joy Watson

Thankyou for your reply. 

That is an interesting place to start as a STR...

🙂

Hello Joy my name is Jared and I am interested in becoming a host, but I don't own any property I am completely new to airbnb and this would be my first one what are the steps I should be taking and completing in order to contact condominium or anyone? If you could please give me some tips and feedback as to what I am supposed to be doing first I have ideas of places I would like to airBnb at, but how am I supposed to start this process?