Hosts: Instant Book turned on without permission?

Alejandra644
Level 1
Antioquia, Colombia

Hosts: Instant Book turned on without permission?

My instant book feature was turned on without my permission a few weeks ago. Has anyone had that happen to them?

Support is refusing to acknowledge the glitch forcing me to honor a reservation I did not intend to accept in the first place. I am concerned that if Airbnb did that without my knowledge, they are capable of changing other things like price, availability, etc. 

2 Replies 2
Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Alejandra644 

You should be concerned.

The same thing has happened to me and others and as far as I know nobody has been given an explanation.

Airbnb wants us to use instant book so make sure all the boxes for exceptions are checked and insist on a pre-booking message.

As annoying as this user-UNFRIENDLY website is, we really need to check our settings every day.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Alejandra644 we have had a similar problem with pricing recently. I could convince Customer Non-support that I hadn't put a total price of £50 for 5 days into the system.

I actually like Instant Book as it allows me to cancel 3 reservations per year without penalty just by saying we are uncomfortable with the booking. I assume you can cancel the booking you are worried about.