How long does it take to get dates unblocked

How long does it take to get dates unblocked

Hello,

Please can someone advise how long I have to wait for dates that have been blocked by Airbnb , to be unblocked?

My error completely, as a new host, only 6 weeks,  and my second booking, I had not updated my calendar to 11 months down the line. Our policy is no less than 10-day bookings over Christmas, and the maximum daily rate to be charged. Someone booked on Instant Book, which I feel causes problems, and I have cancelled her booking. I explained my error and now Airbnb has blocked those dates. I now cannot take the longer bookings that are in demand or update the price. I have had 2 very helpful people helping me, but now no news on when I can get unblocked. If I must be penalised, so be it, but I need those dates open. How long do I get punished for?

Many thanks

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Debi93 the punishment for cancelling a booking is a fine and the dates are blocked forever I am afraid. Only an appeal to Customer Services might save you. I thought you got 3 penalty free cancellations with IB but perhaps you were too honest with the reason you gave for the cancellation