How long should a host wait for a response from Airbnb Support?

Richard1470
Level 2
Sparks, NV

How long should a host wait for a response from Airbnb Support?

We maintain a strict cancellation policy.  On December 7 a guest cancelled a reservation for the period December 11-13.  It was not an extenuating reason.  An AirBNB Support Ambassador got involved and on December 9, 2020 seized our money for the booking and refunded 100% of the guests money.  We asked to escalate the issue and were told to wait 48 - 72 hours for a response.  Despite reaching out to AirBNB on December 134, 20, & 21, 2020, we received no response.  On December 21, 2020, we mailed a Notice of Dispute to CSC Lawyers Incorporating Service, 2710 Gateway Oaks Drive, Suite 150N, Sacramento, California 95833.  To date we have not received a response from CSC Lawyers..

Anybody have a similar situation with no responses?

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Richard1470 

Duplicate of https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/What-is-a-reasonable-response-time-for-a-response-on-an/...

Response from Airbnb support depends on the issue and the communication channel used, but generally it is very slow and/or not helpfull, as you can read on this community when browsing  multiple cases. Try Twitter for best changes (account: AirbnbHelp)

Thanks for the input.  Its now 33 days and no response from Airbnb Support. Yes, the thread remains open.  I did mail a Notice of Dispute and will see how that goes.  I will start a thread on Notice of Dispute to see if any US Hosts have gone through the process.

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Richard1470, thanks for getting involved and posting here in the Community, it's good to have you. I'm Katie, one of the Community Managers here. I've just spoken to the team about your case so I will send you a DM with a bit more info 😊

Anna8386
Level 3
Clearwater, FL

That must be excruciating. I had a horrific experience with Airbnb where they seized 27 nights of a 29-night stay and reimbursed it to the guest because she made claims that the place wasn't clean and wasn't what was in the description. She did not read my description closely -- thought she was booking a 2-bedroom, but my listing clearly states and describes it as a studio. I sent multiple messages and photos to Airbnb, to no avail. Mind you, I've been a host since 2012 with over 600 stays and an excellent track record.

At this point I'm pretty disgusted with Airbnb, and have not listed my studio again with them. Not sure yet if I am going to continue. Best of luck to you.