How should I handle this?

Answered!
Edna145
Level 1
Port St. Lucie, FL

How should I handle this?

I had a women request a last minute booking for 1 night. She said she had a service dog and they were both exhausted. The request came in around 6:20 pm. She said she could be here by 7:30 p.m.  I told her that she could come and I would be ready. She was so thankful and seemed genuine. As I went to check her profile, it said awaiting payment.

I messaged her back and told her as soon as she made the payment to AirBnb I could confirm her stay.  She asked for my address, which I texted to her. I never heard another word. Since no payment was ever made, and no guest ever showed up, how should I proceed?

1 Best Answer
Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Edna145 Never, ever give out your address. That will be provided to guest in their confirmation email. Also, only engage with people over airbnb’s platform. 

There is nothing to do. There was no confirmed reservation. Be thankful person did not show up, and hope and pray that they don’t show up later since now they have your address. 

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Edna145 Never, ever give out your address. That will be provided to guest in their confirmation email. Also, only engage with people over airbnb’s platform. 

There is nothing to do. There was no confirmed reservation. Be thankful person did not show up, and hope and pray that they don’t show up later since now they have your address.