How to reactivate a suspended listing

Michael1107
Level 4
Parma, Italy

How to reactivate a suspended listing

So I recieved this 1 star review with the guest saying he was annoyed because he couldn't smoke and got a 5 days suspension. 

I contacted airbnb and told that all the last guests were giving me 5 stars because i renewed the house and bought new forniture, and i recieved this 1 star review just when my average was constantly going up

They told we will remove the review but the suspension will stay because it's automatic and it's not in their power to lift it 

So they removed the 1 star review and waited 5 days, this is the sixth day

I recieved a buttong on my email "rectivate your listing", i click on it and nothing happens, i just see my calender from the guest point of view(!?)

Also on my home page i have "reactivate your listing, updates needed to get back to hosting"

I click on it and i see my prices anf my calendar, as if I'm a guest!?

Any help would be appreciated thank you

6 Replies 6
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Maybe it is stupid question but did you switch to hosting ? @Michael1107 

@Catherine-Powell  is it true listings are automatically suspended on 6 days based on some guest’s complain? Even when it is a total nonsense like this?
I mean, i can understand why Airbnb wants to automate everything but suspensions really shouldn't be automated, its a loss for host but also for Airbnb . And it is highly abused by guests

Im Always on hosting mode, yes it was a 5 days suspension, not six. On the sixth day i recieved the reactivate your listing link but it dosent work

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Michael1107 When the host reserved the space, was smoking allowed? I ask because I’m wondering why guest was so annoyed unless this was a change after he booked. 

No it was allowed and thats why i got his review easly remove, in his mind smoking is something natural that should be allowed in every house. I doubt that this kind of people read house rules...

Anyway this is not a problem anymore, his review dosent appear on my listing. The only problem is that the reactivate your listing button dosent do anything

@Michael1107 it still IS a problem.

You lost FIVE DAYS INCOME

If ABNB would have to compensate hosts for unjust suspensions - they would treat it differently 

Hi @Michael1107,

I’m sorry you’ve had a disappointing experience with a recent review. We don't have a specific amount of days set for suspension, but our system will restrict listings with low ratings, but not for guest complaints. Your case has been escalated to our CS team and I understand they've worked with you directly on this issue and your listings are back up. Thank you for writing me here.

Warmly,
Catherine
@Branka-and-Silvia0 @David8879 @Gwen386