Idea for an air bnb experience

Pedro1764
Level 1
Sintra, Portugal

Idea for an air bnb experience

Hello all, I'm Pedro living in a non very touristic area within the borders between the so called "Oeste" and Lisboa and I'm an artist. Since 2018 I've been developing a re-interpretation project regarding the early period of the 18th century through a character that paints and does sculptures, namely to enrich the poorly treated Portuguese history and to give a face and bodies to Portuguese historical figures (again, either through painting or sculpture). I, or Mr P (the character's name) also transforms nowadays people and pets in epoch people, makes small figurines of historical, saints or random figures in papermache, busts in paperclay, etc. Since last year I've been transforming my working space in a kind of epoch'ish space through also using papermache fake columns, wall paintings evoking Portuguese baroque tiles, etc AND I was thinking, as there are air bnb experiences where someone takes someone to museums, about creating an air bnb experience where Mr P would receive / host, in his 18th century garb, a visit at the studio and show them around, tell / teach either who's who within the artwork or tell how all was done whilst being offered some coffee or tea.

The studio itself isnt finished yet, but I also thought that its unfinished bits could also be inspiring for a next visit BUT also that whatever they would pay, they'd be sponsoring the continuation of the works, just like any museum or a palace....

So, would this be a good idea for an air bnb experience? I've been told to create workshops on papiermache or drawing, I just cant ... Art making is something that one feels, not really expressible in words or techniques and when someone goes to visit a museum one isn't invited to draw, or do anything except looking at the artworks exhibited there, right .... ?

Thank you,

Pedro

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Pedro1764 Being a philistine I have no idea if this would be a good experience or not. At present it is irrelevant as Airbnb is not accepting new experiences and there is no date advertised if they ever will.

Well then, case closed !Lol

Thanks 🙂