Instant booking option and delayed responses from Airbnb support

Veronica-Of-Excel-Proper0
Level 8
Sheffield, United Kingdom

Instant booking option and delayed responses from Airbnb support

Hi everyone,

I'm prompted to start this conversation on two topics (as per subject line) because for over a week now I've been trying to switch OFF instant booking from one my listings.

Because I've been unable to make the change on the platform, I had to snooze the listing to avoid any new bookings. However, having reached out to Airbnb -first the 'bot' online, then a telephone call, I'm no closer to having the issue sorted. 
What's the current time-frame for Airbnb to respond to matters such as switching off the instant booking option?

The reason I raised the "delayed responses from Airbnb support" stems from my experience of having to wait over nine weeks before having a matter sorted because of a falsehood by a guest that was life threatening. 

Airbnb's response in the first fews weeks was to deny the statement breached their conditions, then it was ignored for several weeks, despite reminders.

Anyone with similar experiences of Airbnb support having extensive delays in responding to requests to switch off instant booking?

Also, I'd welcome comments from other hosts who have had to deal with instances with guests that breach Airbnb's own rules, but Airbnb takes the position of favouring guests and penalising hosts.

4 Replies 4
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Veronica-Of-Excel-Proper0 ! I'm sorry to hear about this. I've sent it to the team now, hopefully I'll have a solution for you soon. 🙂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Thank you @Sybe.

I've since had a reply from Airbnb's team indicating there is no option for me to switch off 'instant booking' on the Airbnb platorm.

Instead, I'll need to make the change from our channel manager by removing Airbnb as a channel for this listing. Alternatively, I can change the 'sync' setting to availability and price changes only.

This new approach to removing the instant booking from a property listed on the Airbnb plantform is both inconvenient for hosts as well as 'STRANGE'!

Thanks @Sybe
Response received from customer services team. 

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Veronica-Of-Excel-Proper0 You should have a message from CS with a resolution now. Let me know how it goes! 😃

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen